Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30y/o female & 24y/o male (Best friends cousin)

30y/o female & 24y/o male (Best friends cousin)

I (30y/o F) recently ran into my best friends younger cousin (24 y/o M) at a wedding this weekend, and was really attracted to him, which is super weird because the last time I remember seeing him he was probably only 8-9 years old.

We didnít get talk a ton (I was the maid of honor, so I was at the Brideís beck and call and he was the DJ during the Wedding bandís breaks), but I think the attraction may have been mutual because at one point during the night he put his hand on my lower back while we were talking, (maybe this was really nothing but it didnít seem like it). Sadly I was called away by the bride almost immediately after this happened so I didnít really have time to respond/react, and I didnít get a chance to talk to him again that night...

I did just add him as a friend on fb (Iím friends with a lot of their family because I've known the bride since middle school, so I donít think anyone will think thatís weird), but I donít know how, or if I should, try to pursue this.

Like I said, this is my best friendís younger cousin (who my friend and I used to babysit for, almost 2 decades ago) and their whole family knows me, so I donít know if itís too big of a risk to try talking to him and risk making things weird, especially because I donít usually like to date younger guys and heís 5.5 years younger- and I donít even know for certain if the interest was mutual, the back touch just felt like too much of an intimate thing to do to someone if you werenít interested in them. The conversations themselves werenít super flirty though, they were just light and fun.

Can I please get some opinions/recommendations what other people would do in this situation?

Thank you 🙏🏼

Edit: I should also mention, in case it matters, that neither my friends cousin, nor I, were drunk (we both had jobs to do, so we had to behave).

I just wanted to make sure no one thought the hand on back thing was related to drunkenness, because that was what my sister thought when I just told her about this 😅.
    Last edited by Malon98; 10-07-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Send him a simple ďhey, how are you, great seeing you the other night!Ē on Facebook if heís accepted your request and see how it goes.

No, I donít think itíd be too weird to pursue. I married my younger brothers best friend who is 3.5 years younger than I am!! And it was very nice to not have to introduce him to the family lol. Go for it!

Ok so he has a way of contacting you, plus could ask anyone else who knows you. Wait and see. You reached out on fb, see what he does with that. He may think it's awkward so let him reach out now that you already have.
    Originally Posted by Malon98
    I did just add him as a friend on fb (Iím friends with a lot of their family because I've known the bride since middle school, so I donít think anyone will think thatís weird), but I donít know how, or if I should, try to pursue this.

this is my best friendís younger cousin who my friend and I used to babysit for, almost 2 decades ago

Platinum Member
    I think he's too young to you. I'd stick to guys that are at least 27.

Most 24 year old guys are just getting started and their maturity levels aren't the best. At 30, you're in a completely different stage of your life.

Platinum Member
    Depends on what your intentions are.

Intention 1 - short -term fun

Intention 2 - something more serious

If intention 1 - have some fun and don't worry about who knows about it. Use a Miley Cyrus strategy.

If intention 2 - Migrate to an "anyone but Miley Cyrus" strategy.

Platinum Member
    How have things been since you recently ended your 9 year relationship? Have you been going out and having fun?

Sorry but this part is a bit weird. Did you break up with DUI guy?
    Originally Posted by Malon98
    this is my best friendís younger cousin (who my friend and I used to babysit for, almost 2 decades ago)

Not too young! I started dating my husband when he was 20 and I was 26. You can't always measure the level of ones maturity by their age. If you are interested ask him out. It's not the 1950's where you need to wait around for a guy to do it. Women do it, I did it. It's not as bad as most think. Just send him a message and see if he takes the bait.

----------
    Last edited by Malon98; 10-09-2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: accidental post, meant to reply with quote

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    How have things been since you recently ended your 9 year relationship? Have you been going out and having fun?
    I haven't been going out much, besides a few times for my friends bachelorette party, and a birthday, but I was living with my best friend for a month until I could move into my new apartment, so that was fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice