Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30y/o female & 24y/o male (Best friends cousin)

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry but this part is a bit weird. Did you break up with DUI guy?
    Yes, I broke up with him two months ago tomorrow actually (it was my step-dad's birthday, so I remember the date easily). It was the right decision, even though I was stressing about it beforehand, as soon as it was done I just felt relief- and his reaction to the breakup only further confirmed my decision.

Do you not have many male friends, OP? My brothers have done that with me especially at formal events etc and male companions or friends in the past. It's more of a gentlemanly gesture like opening a door for a lady or pulling a chair out. I wasn't there with you though. If you thought it was intimate maybe it was. I've never viewed a gesture like that as anything but gentlemanly and affectionate. There's a high likelihood you're overthinking things.

The relation or friendship seems a little too close for me personally (I wouldn't pursue any romance if I were in your place). If you think it's appropriate, you can always ask him out or see what he's up to this weekend.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Do you not have many male friends, OP? My brothers have done that with me especially at formal events etc and male companions or friends in the past. It's more of a gentlemanly gesture like opening a door for a lady or pulling a chair out. I wasn't there with you though. If you thought it was intimate maybe it was. I've never viewed a gesture like that as anything but gentlemanly and affectionate. There's a high likelihood you're overthinking things.

The relation or friendship seems a little too close for me personally (I wouldn't pursue any romance if I were in your place). If you think it's appropriate, you can always ask him out or see what he's up to this weekend.
    I have a brother, but he has never done that. I don't have any close male friends, & any of my male acquaintances have never touched my lower back when talking to me either.

I probably am overthinking things, but the only guys who have ever done that with me were my former bf's, which may be why I am perceiving this as something intimate.

Originally Posted by Malon98
    I have a brother, but he has never done that. I don't have any close male friends, & any of my male acquaintances have never touched my lower back when talking to me either.

I probably am overthinking things, but the only guys who have ever done that with me were my former bf's, which may be why I am perceiving this as something intimate.
    Oh I see what you mean. Are you going to text or call him?

Ok, if you are ready to date get on some dating apps. Don't grab the first male that happens along. Give yourself some time to reflect and regroup. Try some short term therapy to unpack and sort some things out.
    Originally Posted by Malon98
    I broke up with him two months ago as soon as it was done I just felt relief- and his reaction to the breakup only further confirmed my decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice