Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He was cheating and moved in with her

He actually lives close by
    Which makes it even harder
    Walking distance
    His son has seen him since the breakup but refuses to live there

But he is 19 also, Iím not his biological mother and he can make his own decisions

What you've been through is an awful thing. I'm sorry to hear this. No, don't switch jobs just because of someone you used to date. Keep things professional from now on and fly low. Don't get caught up with anything in the office space or work place. Just coast and do your own thing .

Things might seem insurmountable and incredibly overpowering right now but stick to your principles and pay your bills on time and don't do anything impulsive or rash. I think you have the right mindset staying at your current position even if it's for the time being. If you move or search for another position, do it on your own terms, not because of the break up and make sure you move for your own reasons related to the job opportunity and your career (better opportunities, better compensation/benefits etc).

The familiarity of the same position might also bring you some routine in a time of turmoil. Let the dust settle and bide your time until the time is right to move on if you want to move on.

Today was first day going back to work and facing him after finding out the truth, I was shaking so bad and my heart was racing.. I did take a zantax to help and it did. My day went great with the help of my co/workers. I avoided him all day and acted like normal. Goofed around laughed, had fun... I donít think he was happy
    He was very quite and sat in his office most of day

My co- workers kept saying how proud of me they were. Iíve worked with these 5 girls for 14 years. They are not only co-workers but family

They helped me get thru the day.. I did ask all of them to stay neutral and please keep their feelings about situation to themselves

It would just cause more grief and awkwardness and would not help with my healing..

I loved showing him that I can be happy without him

It was easy, I found myself going to stare at him but immediately stopped myself

I kept reminding myself what he has done

Originally Posted by Ecajan1973
    Today was first day going back to work and facing him after finding out the truth, I was shaking so bad and my heart was racing.. I did take a zantax to help and it did. My day went great with the help of my co/workers. I avoided him all day and acted like normal. Goofed around laughed, had fun... I donít think he was happy
    He was very quite and sat in his office most of day

My co- workers kept saying how proud of me they were. Iíve worked with these 5 girls for 14 years. They are not only co-workers but family

They helped me get thru the day.. I did ask all of them to stay neutral and please keep their feelings about situation to themselves

It would just cause more grief and awkwardness and would not help with my healing..

I loved showing him that I can be happy without him

It was easy, I found myself going to stare at him but immediately stopped myself

I kept reminding myself what he has done
    Good on you for making that request and I'm glad to hear that they're being respectful and kind to you. A little of that goes a long way.

6. 10-10-2019, 02:20 AM

7. 10-10-2019, 11:11 AM

I did confront him about what I was told because I needed some type of closure. Of course he still says they are just friends but didnít rule out the possibility they could date in future. He was almost in tears when we talked and I definitely felt some type of closure but at same time I canít help but miss him and wish we could of worked things out
    I guess this is normal to feel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice