Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I posted a new thread for the abuse forum 24 hours ago and it's not posted

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Boston, USA
    Posts
    43
    Gender
    Female

    I posted a new thread for the abuse forum 24 hours ago and it's not posted

    Hello,

    I am new and have seen posts saying wait 24 hours for your thread to be posted... is there a reason why mine wasn't? I believe I followed all the forum rules.. thank you!

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    35,466
    Gender
    Male
    How long did it take for this post to appear? Your other post should be as clear and concise and not contain a lot of words, symbols, phrases, etc. that could trip up any forum filtering software. You could try editing it and re-posting.
    Originally Posted by SingingRain

    I am new and have seen posts saying wait 24 hours for your thread to be posted... is there a reason why mine wasn't? I believe I followed all the forum rules.. thank you!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Boston, USA
    Posts
    43
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    How long did it take for this post to appear? Your other post should be as clear and concise and not contain a lot of words, symbols, phrases, etc. that could trip up any forum filtering software. You could try editing it and re-posting.
    Thank you! It was a somewhat lengthy post.... so are we not to use lengthy posts on here? I did read the forum rules and will re-read them, but I didn't see that anywhere.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    35,466
    Gender
    Male
    It make take a while until the filter software sifts through long posts. Also people tend not to read those. Try editing it to a more succinct and manageable format. Again, with no strange symbols, profanities, odd formatting etc and see what happens. There is no length rule, but tomes of text can snag things up.. Can't you simply pose your post in a paragraph or two with a concise question/description? You can always continue to post as the discussion moves along. If this is posted verbatim on multiple platforms/forums it may get flagged as spam. Ironically you keep being able to post in this thread, when you could just as easily edit and reformat to make your other post more readable.
    Originally Posted by SingingRain
    It was a somewhat lengthy post.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Administrator kamurj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,806
    Gender
    Male
    Sorry for the delay, your thread was approved and can be found here [Register to see the link]

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Boston, USA
    Posts
    43
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by kamurj
    Sorry for the delay, your thread was approved and can be found here [Register to see the link]
    Thank you!!! Greatly appreciated!!


Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •