Hang in there! It does get better!

Exactly one year ago on this day I was at my lowest point post BU, and probably ever in my entire life. My boyfriend of 6yrs had dumped me 2months earlier, seemingly out of the blue, and I did not handle it very well! Then he finally told me the reason why he’d been so off after the breakup- he’d met another girl, 2weeks after I’d moved out... That’s exactly one year ago today and man o man did it hurt!

I didn’t eat much

I didn’t sleep well

I had nightmares

I had absolutely no faith that anything would get better

My only hope was that he’d regret his actions and want me back. And I was absolutely certain that I would go back if he wanted me.

Now I’m happy. I’m smiling, I’ve become stronger and more confident, and more capable of handling my own life. AND I met a new guy even!

And the joker in all of this is that my ex actually DID regret the breakup, actually did want me back. But now I see what we never where and all my resentment and anger towards him is gone.

So please people, power through! Keep your head up and follow YOUR path! No one can really tell you what is right or wrong for you, but listen to the advice and think about it before you act! I initiated NC with my ex, and I broke it. And I told him I still wanted him back, after months of NC. And THAT was what got me over him... That was what I needed to se who he was and all he will never be for me. All he never managed to be in my life.

All the best!

-Flipp

Archived