Need to cancel a booked holiday, not sure how or what to write..

Dear good people, my dilemma in a nutshell is this, was with somebody unavailable and emotionally abusive, worked with him ( a senior manager ) and got out...

We booked a Christmas holiday, I'm studying and knew it coincided with my course but paid up anyway ( I was actually afraid to say no, at the time was being bullied and couldn't stand up to him ) he made such a fuss when I couldn't come on previous holiday due to my course

The time is approaching of the holiday where we are booked to share a room

I've been no contact for a month since I left the job

I need to tell him I cannot go, how !

I guess write an email and I'm thinking should I just write I've found out I have classes I can't miss and a mock this week, how should I word it?

I can't bury my head in the sand any longer and need to say something, what would you write?? We haven't spoken for a month, he was pretty nasty the last time and said " why would I bother to call you if it wasn't about work ", he treated the holiday like a business transaction, showed no enthusiasm, I'm wondering if he had a game plan, I'm unsure whether to keep email brief and unemotional

Thanks so much, love LD

No but possibly psychologically

I am afraid he will get angry and feel guilty for saying no, I don't know how to word it

He was extremely controlling, constantly made you feel not good enough, was hostile and critical, if you said no for something you'd pay for it

Keep it strictly business. If you want a refund contact the companies and see what you can do. Why contact him at all? So you give him the heads up to find another woman to take that you'll pay for. Say nothing, just don't go. Delete and block him.

He hasn't spoken to you in over a month. Keep your emotions out of it. It's over and you don't owe him an explanation.

We haven't spoken for a month, he was pretty nasty the last time and said " why would I bother to call you if it wasn't about work "

It's not the money as much as the telling him...I know I may lose the money

Archived