Confusing messages not sure what to do

monstera2000

Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank-you for any wisdom you have to offer to my situation. Over a year ago I met a guy and due to my own timing and some personal matters I was unable to meet him again for 4 months. In the duration of the 4 months he continually would reach out to me to meet. I will be clear and say the nature of the meeting he wanted was sexual. He was clear on that. Eventually we had a conversation and I was speaking to him about a guy I was seeing but not interested in. He asked me if I wanted to keep seeing that guy or move forward with him. He said he would make it clear to me that he was looking for something ongoing, substantial, and a relationship he could build. I agreed but always felt he was seeing other women so I would see other men. We had a casual thing going for a 6 month period where he would come over regularly. We would have dinner, talk a lot about life and also have some intimacy. He would never kiss me ever. I am afraid I began to feel something and sort of turned away from the casual relationship. I couldn't take feeling something for him when I did not feel he felt anything at all. One time he knew I could not be intimate and first he said he'd still come see me but then he switched his mind and said he was too busy. This sort of hurt me so I told him I was leaving for a few months as I had a project I was working on. I spent time becoming a better person, I did a lot of self reflection and lost A LOT of weight to the point where I don't look like the same girl anymore. When I came back and he seen my pictures he gave me many compliments, and told me I looked like a celebrity and he started going to work out because I motivated him to do that. He then asked me if we could go out for dinner. This would be our first time going out as he always came over to my place. I agreed. We did some intimate stuff, then we met again another time and had intimacy and our regular dinner, conversations etc. Normally we can be very kinky in the bedroom but I noticed he has taken the kink level way down, and doesn't appear to want me to do anything "nasty." Normally he sees me once a week but last week asked to see me a second time. I agreed, he came over and pretty much talked to me for 5 hours straight never did anything intimate. I asked as he left why he didn't, he said "I didn't come for that, I came to talk to you, to see you, to hang out." This week he came over again and again nothing intimate. we just chatted and talked a lot about life, we always have deep conversations. As he left I mentioned again that he was not intimate, and he told me that he came to see me and he didn't want to have intimacy for a while, that he is taking a break from sexual things and working on himself and trying to be the man he thinks he is, and wants to be. I guess I am continually confused because I simply am too afraid to ask him what he thinks of me. Since I lost the weight he talks to me almost every day - before that he would go upto 10 days without a single message at times. I feel his communication to me has changed in a good way. I just am trying to understand if I am wasting my time or if there could be potential. Part of me wonders if I should just walk away, that if someone wanted to be with me they would just say so, and at least kiss me. I should also say I am a virgin so we are not having full on sex, but we have fooled around.

Archived