Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is he interested or am I imagining things?

Maybe your right. I will wait. Play it put and see what happens. Thank you. I really appreciate everyone's advice.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    The hot/cold thing seems like stress as a driving instructor and I wouldn't base his interest level in you so heavily while he's working (it's his job/you're meeting while he's working). One of my clients was a business owner (owned his own driving school) and he worked extraordinary hours. If the vibes are right I don't think there's any harm in feeling things out the day of. You can't really plan these things to a T. Just enjoy the company and you seem to be very levelheaded in all this.
    Thank you! I am level headed. I dont dream up mad scenario's or jump the gun. After all the advice I got, I'm just going to carry on as normal and see what happens. If it does,it does... and if it doesn't no harm done. . I just feel I am out of the dating game so long (married for 9 years) and a little like a fish out of water. I have forgotten how to flirt (which I used to be quite good at).

Well, he's not shy since he keeps touching you and told you he likes you. If he is truly single and interested, he will be ethically free to ask you out once the lessons end. If he doesn't ask you out, it means he hasn't told you about the woman he's dating, or he's just not that into you. A guy can be friendly and might amp it up when he enjoys the fact that a woman has a crush on him (yes, he knows), even if he has no plans of asking her out. Or, it might be his personality with everyone.

I've never had luck asking out a guy who gives me these signals, but if you want to be bold and ask, that's your decision. Because when a guy isn't shy, like he clearly isn't, if he's single, why would he let an opportunity like this pass him by?

Gold Member
    He may be attracted to you, and he may be flirty, but that doesn't necessarily mean he wishes to pursue a relationship with you. It's just fun and tingly. I will agree with the above, that once your driving course is completed, if he is interested, he will be ethically free to ask you out. Surely there are rules about fraternizing with the students. Plus, being in a car for that length of time, false feelings could occur.

You...out of a marriage, new to the dating scene (or idea of it), to find that someone finds you attractive and you are available, being in this secluded environment with a man who is a caring provider, you could be getting your signals mixed up as well. It feels good, but this isn't a real set of circumstances. How is he out there in real life? And how are you? Three kids, a job...the driving lessons and time in the car is devoid of your regular life outside of this bubble.

I am feeling the tingly excitement you feel in this situation, and it's really fun. I think if the opportunity presents itself, you should go out, get a drink, coffee, whatever.

I question, however, if he is rather flirty and touchy with all of his women clientele, and if I would want to date someone who does that. It's jealousy inducing, and keeps a wedge in the door for something to go wrong...cheating.

I think in your shoes, I would totally go for it, though, at least to get my feet wet, getting back in the dating pool. You have a realistic head on your shoulders. Obviously I can't judge whether asking him out would be sucessful or a flop; you'll just have to take your chances, or maybe he'll make the move.

Originally Posted by purplepaisley

I am feeling the tingly excitement you feel in this situation, and it's really fun. I think if the opportunity presents itself, you should go out, get a drink, coffee, whatever.

I question, however, if he is rather flirty and touchy with all of his women clientele, and if I would want to date someone who does that. It's jealousy inducing, and keeps a wedge in the door for something to go wrong...cheating.
    Thank you so much for your reply!! I feel you totally get my situation and I really appreciate it. Brilliant advice.
    I have totally thought "is he like this with all the ladies?" And he probably is. However,I am not after anything serious right now. But i would like to see what happens.
    As I said above if nothing ever comes of it,I will not be devastated or heartbroken. I am just excited to see where it all leads.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice