LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: friend turned out to be selfish

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes, that's not what I meant by my comment.
    I had a phone call today saying i can claim for the stress and inconvenience its caused me, i said i would think about it. It has caused me a lot of upset and anxiety.....do you think this is something worth persueing or shall i just accept that its caused me that and leave it there? Im not really sure what to do

Was the call from an attorney? Did you call or was the call unsolicited?
    Originally Posted by kathy679
    I had a phone call today saying i can claim for the stress and inconvenience its caused me

Platinum Member
    I had a phone call today saying i can claim for the stress and inconvenience its caused me, i said i would think about it. It has caused me a lot of upset and anxiety.....do you think this is something worth persueing or shall i just accept that its caused me that and leave it there? Im not really sure what to do
    That's in the realm of professional advice I simply cannot give. From a practical point of view I would find out what it would cost you in $ and time to do this. Including timing. For example do you have any holiday trips planned? Or vacations where you will be out of town? Can you take off from work as needed?

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Was the call from an attorney? Did you call or was the call unsolicited?
    No they called me. They said they deal with separate claims not related to the damage to the car but to do with the inconvenience and stress could have caused me. It can be from personal injury, loss of earnings, any way im out of pocket or psychological impact its had on me

Originally Posted by Batya33
    That's in the realm of professional advice I simply cannot give. From a practical point of view I would find out what it would cost you in $ and time to do this. Including timing. For example do you have any holiday trips planned? Or vacations where you will be out of town? Can you take off from work as needed?
    I have no holidays booked at the moment. My jobs kind of flexible. They will call me back on monday to discuss further as i said id think about it...i do have some questions for them. Its not something i will rule out but also it may be more hassle than its worth. Just wondering if anyone else has been down this route?

It sounds like ambulance chasers looking for a personal injury case. Their consultation may be free so go talk to them. As you know you'll have to drag this out with doctor's reports, proof of losses, possibly documenting that you are psychologically damaged from the whole thing etc. That seems a bit excessive for a fender bender when you were not even in the car or injured, no?
    They said they deal with separate claims not related to the damage to the car but to do with the inconvenience and stress could have caused me. It can be from personal injury, loss of earnings, any way im out of pocket or psychological impact its had on me

Platinum Member
    I have no holidays booked at the moment. My jobs kind of flexible. They will call me back on monday to discuss further as i said id think about it...i do have some questions for them. Its not something i will rule out but also it may be more hassle than its worth. Just wondering if anyone else has been down this route?
    It sounds like an unusual situation and route so I can't contribute there. It's your time to spend. I use this type of analysis when I've had a bad customer service experience like when traveling.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It sounds like ambulance chasers looking for a personal injury case. Their consultation may be free so go talk to them. As you know you'll have to drag this out with doctor's reports, proof of losses, possibly documenting that you are psychologically damaged from the whole thing etc. That seems a bit excessive for a fender bender when you were not even in the car or injured, no?
    I told them i wasnt in the car, they said i could still have a claim. Ive been thinking about it myself and i dont think i will bother going through with it.it was stressful at the time and i was upset but i feel alot calmer now the dust has settled

It was a routine fender-bender...in a parked car, no less. It's annoying and upsetting but try to put things in perspective. No one was hurt. What made it stressful for you is losing a friend over attempting to circumvent the insurance and things going south from there. You would feel a lot better if you stopping trying to avenge this woman for not paying in full out of pocket (in my opinion very unreasonable).

It was a shady deal you both wanted to enter but finally you came to a reasonable point and contacted your insurance, leaving them to negotiate with her insurance as it should have been in the beginning. Much of the stress in this case was self-created by stalling and not going through the insurance in the first place. Get your car repaired and live happily ever after..
    I told them i wasnt in the car, they said i could still have a claim. Ive been thinking about it myself and i dont think i will bother going through with it.it was stressful at the time and i was upset but i feel alot calmer now the dust has settled

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice