Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: friend turned out to be selfish

Ok, that is good news and you're going in the right direction. They need her info and proof they can contact her ins. with in order to negotiate a deal to fix your car..
    Originally Posted by kathy679
    im just supplying the insurance with the details and if i cant get my friend to get her insurance tomorrow morning im going to go there myself and get it.The insurance company are fine ive spoken to them about it and they have said they would like the texts.

Im actually getting my friend to get her number plate details now instead of me going there. I rang the insurance company and they said its rare for someone to hit a car bumper and not send the bumper and neighbouring panels out of alignment so as soon as i get this number plate i can get things going. Which im very eagar to do now

Yes, your insurance needs data to get your car fixed and reimburse you for it. Get them the info they need.
    I I rang the insurance company and they said as soon as i get this number plate i can get things going.

I have the number plate now. Ive emailed them the details but in the morning im going to call them too and get the ball rolling on this. Its brilliant news. My friend went and took a photo of her number plate and sent me it. ....i have a feeling now that justice will prevail. .... she handled this totally wrong and i no when she finds out shes gonna be pissed....but if she contacts me i wont answer her at all. She is getting ignored.

There was no benefit at all for me to let her do the work. I got insulted. Called a liar. Dictated to. She tried to manipulate me. She only wabted to get quotes to fix the work based on a photo of my bumpet not an actual car inspection,Only the bumper would of been fixed not the panels that were out of alignment, she put me in a position where i could of had points on my license because i had to drive around for 5 weeks with no windscreen wash, she longed it out. Its been over 6 weeks now and she hasnt even got a quote yet....there was nothing in it for me at all doing her a favour to try and save going through her insurance.

I am baffeled that she thinks shes being fair but her deluded attitude isnt going to make me worried anylonger

Now i have a fighting chance of getting my car fixed properly and fully.....its not in the bag but i do feel this is the better option for me. Because at the end of the day the alternative she was offering was just full insults towards me, her holding all of the power and full of benefits for her ....so what ever happens this has given me much more peace of mind. Ive taken my power back and im just sorry i even trusted her. But we live and learn. I wont be making that mistake again

She was the one who smashed into my parked car, she should of been bending over backwards to get it fixed. It was 100% her fault. So i hope the insurance see that, but i think they will do.

You can't make good deals with bad people. It was within your control and power all along to contact your insurance rather than try to circumvent that. No one is in a position to pay all your car damages out of pocket, regardless of whose fault it is. That's very unreasonable. That is why people have insurance in the first place. When you accept your role in stalling and trying to avoid your insurance you'll be less angry.
    i have a fighting chance of getting my car fixed properly and fully.....its not in the bag but i do feel this is the better option for me. she should of been bending over backwards to get it fixed. It was 100% her fault.

Platinum Member
    Of course she should pay but you made a deal with her in the beginning which let her off the hook for awhile as far as reporting to insurance, right? So now you see that she's not living up to her end of the deal. You injected some confusion in this. I hope it all works out!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Of course she should pay but you made a deal with her in the beginning which let her off the hook for awhile as far as reporting to insurance, right? So now you see that she's not living up to her end of the deal. You injected some confusion in this. I hope it all works out!
    Thank you. It was more the way she spoke to me when i was doing her favour i was angry about and the way she called me a liar when i told her that the bumper was out of alignment. I rekon if she had been quicker to fix it and not being so insulting she would be ok now, but she thought she was being clever so i had to put myself first and ease my stress

Platinum Member
    Thank you. It was more the way she spoke to me when i was doing her favour i was angry about and the way she called me a liar when i told her that the bumper was out of alignment. I rekon if she had been quicker to fix it and not being so insulting she would be ok now, but she thought she was being clever so i had to put myself first and ease my stress
    I understand. I mean that by doing this side deal with her it makes it more complicated now.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I understand. I mean that by doing this side deal with her it makes it more complicated now.
    Ita not affected my inaurance claim at all, they know shes 100% at fault and it made no difference to the claim that i left it 6 weeks. All it did was give me her text messages where she admitted all the fault

Platinum Member
    Ita not affected my inaurance claim at all, they know shes 100% at fault and it made no difference to the claim that i left it 6 weeks. All it did was give me her text messages where she admitted all the fault
    Yes, that's not what I meant by my comment.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice