Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not as youngish as i once was

Happy birthday Blue!!!
    Celebrate for a week, at least, yeah?!

I was chuckling a bit at the Nirvana reference. Heard them on a classic rock radio station the other day. Classic rock?!! Yup, the music of our youth is now classic rock.

So relatable what you said about perception of time at this point in our lives. When I was wee, I used to always wonder at those who were older, the way they could rattle off something that happened in their lives in 1974 as though it had just happened. That's ancient history!
    I get it now. Time seems much more elastic now. It's wild, but I quite like it.

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Happy birthday Blue!!!
    Celebrate for a week, at least, yeah?!

I was chuckling a bit at the Nirvana reference. Heard them on a classic rock radio station the other day. Classic rock?!! Yup, the music of our youth is now classic rock.

So relatable what you said about perception of time at this point in our lives. When I was wee, I used to always wonder at those who were older, the way they could rattle off something that happened in their lives in 1974 as though it had just happened. That's ancient history!
    I get it now. Time seems much more elastic now. It's wild, but I quite like it.
    Thank you!

Totally agree about the elasticity of time. Mainly amazing, every now and then overwhelming. But I'm a fan of the occasionally overwhelming, so...

And, yes, this is being celebrated—hard—for exactly a week. Small, lavish dinner last night with gf, bff, and mom. Sunset party at my house: golden light, hills, old pals, all the best Cali cliches. Then to the desert for 4 days, where I my door will be open to whoever wants to come by for a swim and frolic.

I'm feeling grateful. Know you just hit this arbitrary landmark in life as well, and hope it's been treating you well.

I'm late to the party! Happy Birthday!

I haven't interacted with you long, but I like what I've read. I hope you'll stick around.

Thanks WithLove, and right back at you. When the Ides of March of 2020 rolls around, I'll be raising a glass to you and yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice