Feeling down

Viceroy

Lately I have been feeling down about the world of dating .

I dated someone like 2 years ago , relationship ended , haven’t been on a date since , kinda feeling angry about it .

I feel like women have such an easier time , whereas for men it’s just ridiculous.

I am trying to remind myself to be thankful for the things I have in life , I am 25 and got lucky with a really nice career , I live at home with my parents, rent free, and I got into collecting cars .

I just can’t help but feel miserable about dating / women . Sometimes I think of my past relationship , and it’s always just thoughts about sex .....

Anyone ever feel this way or am I being too winey ?

Forst of all, stop beating yourself up over the last or past relationships, as you said you are 25 and 50 more to go on that, there will come alot of opportunites and expereinces along the way be thankful of the relationships in the past as I'm sure there is something that can be taken from it... If you can allow yourself to really dig deep and ask yourself what made you angry about the relationship and figure out from there....

It's not true that women have an easier time.

It's all about perspective.

Have you tried to focus on other things besides dating? Going back to school, personal development, crossing things off your bucket list? At least that way you will have things to look forward to and some motivation vs. always feeling discouraged and beaten down because you haven't clicked with anyone.

Actually as a woman, I can tell you that we don't actually have it easy regarding finding a real relationship. We have it just as hard as men. But I'll admit that it's fairly easy just to get sex because many men online and in bars and night clubs are looking for sex.

I know it sucks but you won't actually get any dates if you don't put a lot of effort into trying to get them. Have you done anything specific in two years to meet women?

Have you tried dating apps? You don't need to start a romance online, you can just set up quick meets over coffee to check one another out. If either wants to invite the other to a real date after that, he or she can contact the other. If the answer is yes, the other responds, and if not, keep setting up quick meets until you find simpatico.

That's not a male or female thing, it's equal.

Lately I have been feeling down about the world of dating .

I dated someone like 2 years ago , relationship ended , haven’t been on a date since , kinda feeling angry about it .

I feel like women have such an easier time , whereas for men it’s just ridiculous.

I am trying to remind myself to be thankful for the things I have in life , I am 25 and got lucky with a really nice career , I live at home with my parents, rent free, and I got into collecting cars .

I just can’t help but feel miserable about dating / women . Sometimes I think of my past relationship , and it’s always just thoughts about sex .....

Anyone ever feel this way or am I being too winey ?

Yes, keep reminding yourself to be thankful. There's a lot to be grateful for even if you don't always exactly have what you want. Try and regain your independence soon and compare yourself less to others. You shouldn't be living free anywhere. Create more structure in your life if you feel like you've lost sight of things and have lost motivation. You can do this by training yourself in something new, being creative and productive with your time and being careful about the company you keep. Being alone is far better than mixing with the wrong people.

Don't go down the bitter and resentful road. Dating is tough and you'll have to be tougher. It's ok to feel discouraged now and then but remember to rise up and continuously check in with yourself and your own goals and inspirations.

Unfortunately "living with parents, rent free" may throw you out of the ballpark with a lot of women. Where would you take dates or have enough privacy to initiate intimacy?

I am 25 and got lucky with a really nice career , I live at home with my parents, rent free, and I got into collecting cars.

Archived