Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dating after becoming a widow... Too soon?

Platinum Member
    I wll also say some men who were married a long time or have young kids sometimes try to couple up quickly because they are simply not used to doing things alone. A family friend is a widower and his wife did everything - managed their social calendar, cooked, paid the bills etc, and he was totally lost when she died. Completely and utterly. I mean, of course he had worked (was retired) and had a life, but it was really, really hard. Resist the temptation to jump right in there.

You don't need to feel sorry for him - just know that its not the right thing to jump into a physical relationship with someone with kids who you have little in common with

My biggest concern is he would be distracting himself from the grief he needs to process by jumping into a new relationship. That grief is still there waiting for him and eventually he has to deal with it, or it will deal with him.

Imagine being all-in with someone who at a later date, hits the wall. A death of wife, loss of a mother and a family unit is a catastrophic loss. I can't help but feel a little suspect here about what's really going on here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice