Should I message him again?

yllom

I was working away when I met this boy. We had a great time together and he said all sorts of things to me, he had never felt so comfortable around anyone before, he felt like he had known me forever etc. He does not live far from me and we agreed that when I was home we’d meet up. We spoke continuously for a few weeks & then his replies started to get slower and slower. Side note: when I was with him he told me he is an awful replier, shown me his texts and there was a backlog of messages from weeks before that he was yet to reply to, so if he ever takes a while to reply to me then not to take it personally.

I am now home and would like to meet up with him but he has not replied to (or even opened) my messages from nearly three weeks ago. Do I message again or just leave it be?

I would just leave it -unfortunately his actions -his silence -tells you all you need to know. He said nice things and his actions after are not consistent with his continuing to want to see you. He probably meant what he said at the moment. When you were texting once you got home how many times did he try to make a time/place plan to see you? And if he didn't attempt why did you continue chatting with him -that to me would send a clear message that you were fine being a convenient chat buddy but that you were fine keeping it to typing and talking, not dating.

Are you on any of the same social media? Hard to say if he simply avoids reading his messages or if he's avoiding you. Do not keep sending messages they way you have been. He knows your contact info, no? Is this a friendship or romantic interest? Do you know if he has a gf?

I am now home and would like to meet up with him but he has not replied to (or even opened) my messages from nearly three weeks ago. Do I message again or just leave it be?

Hey, thank you for your response. I only arrived home a couple days ago but he has been back a little bit longer than me. As we haven’t spoken in a few weeks he doesn’t actually know that I’m home now. I do think I will leave it though - we had a lovely time and I think it’s a shame but I don’t think it’s right to chase him?

Yeah we are on the same social media, he does not go online often. It was a romantic interest, we went on dates while we were away, kissed a few times and slept in the same bed a couple of times too (but we didn’t do anything apart from kiss). He doesn’t have a girlfriend, although I do understand why it can look that way.

Hey, thank you for your response. I only arrived home a couple days ago but he has been back a little bit longer than me. As we haven’t spoken in a few weeks he doesn’t actually know that I’m home now. I do think I will leave it though - we had a lovely time and I think it’s a shame but I don’t think it’s right to chase him?

No it's not right to chase him. He knows how to contact you if he wants to.

What a turn off. I'm not sure which is more unappealing: the fact that he makes so many superficial friendships or the fact that he was indiscreet enough to brag about the list of messages he doesn't reply to. Yuck! If someone wants to keep in touch with you, he/she will. Don't pursue this. Be thankful he was daft enough to show you enough of himself. Not worth a second of your time or energy.

Archived