Is it my fault? I’m the other girl.

Sarah987

The other night I did that unthinkable and slept with a guy who is in a relationship. This goes against everything I believe in and I know how much it hurts as I have been on the other end of the stick before. I was extremely intoxicated and feel taken advantaged of. Is it my fault? I understand I am not the one that has been unfaithful, however I know I am partially to blame.

How did this happen? How do you know each other and that he's in a relationship? You can't undo anything, so all you can do is put it behind you. Delete and block him and all his people. Cease any contact with him.

The other night I did that unthinkable and slept with a guy who is in a relationship.. I was extremely intoxicated and feel taken advantaged of.

I'm sorry, I assume you didn't know he was dating someone else, there's not much you can do about it at this point. Maybe you should drink less alcohol next time, and be in control of your actions, sleeping with someone when you are extremely intoxicated is not a good idea.

If you choose to drink you choose the consequences. Not to be raped of course but it sounds like you were able to consent. If you knew he was in a committed relationship then yes it was wrong of you to participate in him cheating on his partner.

I agree with the others about moving on, having no contact (unless there is an STD/pregnancy reason) and next time I'm sure you'll act consistently with your values.

If you knew he was in a relationship and went for it anyway, then yes, you are partially to blame....buuuut so what? I mean that. Like you did the deed and you can't change that so where to from here? Maybe stop drinking so much, maybe don't flirt with guys who you know are taken as you are getting tipsy and drunk, maybe have a loooong sit down with yourself and be brutally honest about how you got to that point and how to never go there again. You know, sort yourself out and focus on what and who you want to be going forward. Self-flagellating isn't going to help here.

• 3 weeks later...

God...everyone is so quick to blame! You know what...quit saying rape! It’s not rape! Second, it’s not on you! If you like him go for it! If not then don’t! But you are an adult...no need to block his number and hide! You owe nothing to this other woman...this is all on him! Maybe you decide that he is not the best to get into a relationship with because he cheats! Take advice! Then decide whatever you want to do!

Archived