Abusive ex contacting me threatening to kill himself

Qtip4free

My ex mentally, emotionally and physically abused me. Cheated and lied. And with no remorse. I moved out 5 months ago, he had a new girl move into his bed the next day. I maintained no contact. Then a couple of days ago my curiosity got the best of me, and I read some of the messages he's been sending me. Then I replied, calling him out on things he had done to me in the past. He said he was hurting from his behaviour and how he treated me, told me he still loved me, he can't let go, he wants to see me, if I ever loved him I would meet him, if not it wasn't true love to begin with, then proceeded to tell me all the things he knows I've been wanting to hear. I didn't reply. He's been calling and texting for days. An hour ago he sent me pictures of him crying, saying he was fed up with life and didn't know what to do. (he's been wanting to die for years). Then tells me he wants to leave this world. I still haven't replied. He s tried calling me. I didn't pick up. But God damn he's gotten under my skin and my heart is aching at his pain, and now I feel ing guilty for not picking up and talking him through this.

I don't know what to do. I mostly believe he is trying to manipulate me. It freakin hurts. I need support. I'm working Night-shift where I live, so everyone I know is sleeping right now, and I have no one to consult with.

Contact a suicide hotline and explain the situation. If they feel it a necessity, they will work with the proper authorities for his protection. Any suicide threat should be taken very seriously, and you will have done the right thing.

And oh yeah, block him right now.

I agree with this advice. Dont let him suck you into communicating with him.

You need to delete and block him and all his people from all your devices, messaging apps and social media. This is not social work or a rescue mission. Let go. Do not allow yourself to get this bored or lonely. Find other things to do rather than backtrack like this.

my curiosity got the best of me, and I read some of the messages he's been sending me. Then I replied. he's gotten under my skin and my heart is aching at his pain, and now I feel ing guilty for not picking up and talking him through this.

Yep - breathtakingly manipulative. If you respond at all, let him know you'll be contacting the appropriate authorities because you can appreciate that he's going through hell right now, and needs help.

Whatever you do, don't 'pick up and talk him through this' - unless you want to get back on the merry-go-round of mental, emotional and physical abuse.

Archived