Tell me ECG APPS are stupid

Seraphim

Seraphim, do you as a general rule worry a LOT about your health?

You were super worried about possible side effects of BP meds and now this.

I have a lot of health issues, but I do not find getting worried ahead of time to be helpful. Quite the opposite.

Is it possible for you to think positive and trust (with your faith) that things will be OK?

Seraphim, do you as a general rule worry a LOT about your health?

You were super worried about possible side effects of BP meds and now this.

I have a lot of health issues, but I do not find getting worried ahead of time to be helpful. Quite the opposite.

Is it possible for you to think positive and trust (with your faith) that things will be OK?

You bet I worry about my health. Well, faith doesn’t denote you are or will be healthy.

A lot of heart issues in my dad’s family. A LOT. My dad’s mom died of a heart attack stroke combination. My dad has had two open-heart surgeries ,five heart attacks and 11 TIA’s. His grandmother died of a heart attack . His uncle died of a heart attack . His sister had open heart surgery. Etc...

This is true. My new dr just wants to see if I have any damage from a long time with untreated high blood pressure . Blood tests from three years ago indicate that I have low calcium and low sodium readings but that may not be the case today . But that could account for the abnormal electrical output.

Apps are not cardiologists.
As a general rule, I do not like health apps. The lay public rarely know how to interpret the findings. For example, a 1st Degree AV block is, generally speaking, a benign finding and nothing to worry about.

https://www.healio.com/cardiology/learn-the-heart/cardiology-review/topic-reviews/first-degree-av-block

Yeah, I’m trying not to put much stock in an app . But it’s kind of weird it gave my son a normal reading . But he’s also 21 years old not 52. And his father’s family doesn’t have a lot of cardiovascular issues .

These apps are not intended to replace appropriate medical advice or treatment, nor are they intended to make huge leaps in assumptions. Can't you wait until you see a doctor and get appropriate tests, advice and treatment? Dopey apps and tests from three years ago have zero value.

Blood tests from three years ago indicate that I have low calcium and low sodium readings but that may not be the case today . But that could account for the abnormal electrical output.

My new blood tests and my first ever ECG is Oct 5 and then I see my doctor on the 23rd .

These apps are not intended to replace appropriate medical advice or treatment, nor are they intended to make huge leaps in assumptions. Can't you wait until you see a doctor and get appropriate tests, advice and treatment? Dopey apps and tests from three years ago have zero value.

Be careful with apps and putting any kind of stock into what they "read".

There is no scientific research involved, no proof that they work, work accurately, etc, etc, etc. They are apps, as in some computer geek decided it will make $$$ for them. They are not properly tested, FDA (or whatever Canadian equivalent is) approved medical devices that you can rely on for any kind of accuracy. Even IF....big IF, one or two out there provide accurate readings, you are still not a doctor able to interpret the information correctly.

So what do these apps really do for you? Raise your blood pressure.....literally.....and that kind of stress does cause real, actual harm. The more you stress and worry about these app "readings" the more actual physical harm you are doing to yourself. Toss that shaite in the trashcan and if you think you have or might have a problem, go see a doctor and get proper medical advice.

Be careful with apps and putting any kind of stock into what they "read".

There is no scientific research involved, no proof that they work, work accurately, etc, etc, etc. They are apps, as in some computer geek decided it will make $$$ for them. They are not properly tested, FDA (or whatever Canadian equivalent is) approved medical devices that you can rely on for any kind of accuracy. Even IF....big IF, one or two out there provide accurate readings, you are still not a doctor able to interpret the information correctly.

So what do these apps really do for you? Raise your blood pressure.....literally.....and that kind of stress does cause real, actual harm. The more you stress and worry about these app "readings" the more actual physical harm you are doing to yourself. Toss that shaite in the trashcan and if you think you have or might have a problem, go see a doctor and get proper medical advice.

I am already getting an EKG done on the 5th recommended by my dr to see what damage I have in my 7 years of hypertension. On medication now.

How often do you see a doctor? How often have they done routine screening like blood pressure and EKGs? How did they know about "7 years of hypertension" but never treated it? How did it happen that you had this for 7 years and they never did an EKG and further cardiac studies? Do you avoid scientifically based doctors or medical care?

I am already getting an EKG done on the 5th recommended by my dr to see what damage I have in my 7 years of hypertension. On medication now.
How often do you see a doctor? How often have they done routine screening like blood pressure and EKGs? How did they know about "7 years of hypertension" but never treated it? How did it happen that you had this for 7 years and they never did an EKG and further cardiac studies? Do you avoid scientifically based doctors or medical care?

No I don’t avoid science based anything. I didn’t have a dr here for 9 years. I have a dr now . We have very critical lack of drs in this area. They don’t just do tests here as prevention because the government is footing the bill. The only preventive for women that they do is pap, the poopy test at 50 and booby test. Previously, my previous dr felt my hypertension was anxiety based and I would be unconscious if given meds because I always used to have blood pressure that was 110/70. My hypertension IS driven a lot by anxiety but got to a critical level that needed treatment.

That's good. I would just stay far far away from these types of apps and other things that add to the stress and hypertension. The other problem with these apps is that they can really get into your head (generic your, everyone, all of us) and create problems. Kind of talk yourself into problems because it becomes a self confirming vicious cycle. Like you worry about your heart health, which causes stress and stress releases certain hormones and chemicals into your bloodstream and it increases your heart rate, can even give you heart palpitations, increased blood pressure, etc, then you get the reading that confirms your fears and so the fear gets bigger, the reading gets worse.....you get the idea.

Seek ways to soothe and relax yourself. It will serve you so much better. Taking care of kids all day is rough, plus you have your own family to take care. Make sure you set some time aside for yourself just to breathe. Daily. If you feel overwhelmed with responsibilities and obligations, take a step back and take stock - what is really that important what should you cut back on? Random example, just because you've been baking 100 cookies for x event for last ten years doesn't mean you need to keep doing it if it stressed you out. Unless you find it therapeutic, of course, then carry on.

Some things you might not be able to escape, because genetics, but you sure can mitigate a lot. Focus on that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived