LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I be mad?

Platinum Member
    I'm still trying to see in the OP where some people got that he's a slob or that there's "clutter".

I got that his girlfriend randomly decides to move his stuff somewhere else and doesn't bother telling him. THAT is a problem.

Hire a maid! Problem solved.

She chooses to prioritize her desire to move things over how you feel. Which is disrespectful. And a relationship is hollow without respect.

When my partner and I first moved into together, we had one of our rare arguments over a similar issue. He was moving my stuff without communicating with me about it, I snapped at him one day while needing to go and not being able to find my stuff. From there, we talked out a solution when I got home. He apologized, I apologized, we both got to listen to where the other was coming from.

I'm imagining if he would have ' taken it hard ' to be reminded not to touch my stuff. We wouldn't have lasted.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    She chooses to prioritize her desire to move things over how you feel. Which is disrespectful. And a relationship is hollow without respect.

When my partner and I first moved into together, we had one of our rare arguments over a similar issue. He was moving my stuff without communicating with me about it, I snapped at him one day while needing to go and not being able to find my stuff. From there, we talked out a solution when I got home. He apologized, I apologized, we both got to listen to where the other was coming from.

I'm imagining if he would have ' taken it hard ' to be reminded not to touch my stuff. We wouldn't have lasted.
    I think it's perfectly understandable that you snapped at him and I also relate to apologizing to restore peace because of the sense of wishing you had not reacted by snapping but rather expressing your frustration in a less harsh way. Seems like a normal reaction to me but as an outsider of course and I can see where the OP is struggling with how to approach this calmly -it feels awful not to be able to find your things in a deadline situation.

Ohh what a problem

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice