LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What type of personality disorder is this:

Originally Posted by DKA
    Strictly business, but with twisted logic and/or leading statements in an attempt to get me engaged. I do not. One word replies.
    Then just keep up the one word answers until its resolved and if you feel yourself weakening then speak to your lawyer about taking over this financial item. Hopefully you'll finalize quickly so you can be done with her.

What you are dealing with is a bit like a cat toying with a mouse and you are the mouse. Except that in your mind, you are trying to connect her cold, callous, calculated toying with you as "oh she cares" because you've spent 20 years desperately trying to convince someone who isn't capable of caring to care about you. Please stop trying to project yourself, your feelings, your needs to someone who doesn't have it in them. She literally cares about you as much as a cat cares about the mouse - it's entertaining, but in the end, it's just lunch or not even that much, just slowly killing the mouse because it's fun like that for the cat.

There is another term for what you are feeling - trauma bonding and/or Stockholm Syndrome. If you want out of this nightmare, please find a therapist/psychiatrist who specifically specializes in this. Not everyone will do here. Fortunately, the road to recovery exists and you are not alone. Just get some help and you'll move along so much faster.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    What you are dealing with is a bit like a cat toying with a mouse and you are the mouse. Except that in your mind, you are trying to connect her cold, callous, calculated toying with you as "oh she cares" because you've spent 20 years desperately trying to convince someone who isn't capable of caring to care about you. Please stop trying to project yourself, your feelings, your needs to someone who doesn't have it in them. She literally cares about you as much as a cat cares about the mouse - it's entertaining, but in the end, it's just lunch or not even that much, just slowly killing the mouse because it's fun like that for the cat.

There is another term for what you are feeling - trauma bonding and/or Stockholm Syndrome. If you want out of this nightmare, please find a therapist/psychiatrist who specifically specializes in this. Not everyone will do here. Fortunately, the road to recovery exists and you are not alone. Just get some help and you'll move along so much faster.
    Iím working with a strong therapist that I actually found by accident and not word of mouth. She has completely gone into narc rage (yes I know I shouldnít diagnose) and has decided to go scorched earth maliciously with fiancťs. Iíll be decimated financially but donít have much recourse due to the way our assets had accumulated.
    Iíve blocked her forever and turned it all over to an attorney.

A very good attorney is your best friend right now. Be much less emotional. Now is the time to be as pragmatic as possible. You'll make the most errors possible when rancor, hate, hurt, contempt, accusations, panic, revenge, etc take over your brain like this.

Think as clearly and dispassionately as possible, or risk making mistakes every step of the way.
    Originally Posted by DKA
    Iíll be decimated financially but donít have much recourse due to the way our assets had accumulated. turned it all over to an attorney.

Platinum Member
    She can't take everything. I'm not sure what kind of "financial transaction " would result in her getting absolutely everything.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    She can't take everything. I'm not sure what kind of "financial transaction " would result in her getting absolutely everything.
    Not everything, just decimated.

Originally Posted by DKA
    Not everything, just decimated.
    This happened to me in my divorce, I walked away with almost nothing due to inheritance laws in my country and the fact that my ex loved spending money like there was no tomorrow, literally.

At the end of the day I am still behind financially but it was worth the price to be free from that relationship.

There are always opportunities to make more money if you want them.

Bronze Member
    Thatwasthen, I am back on the forum and I may say something about my experience soon in a new thread.

Originally Posted by maew
    This happened to me in my divorce, I walked away with almost nothing due to inheritance laws in my country and the fact that my ex loved spending money like there was no tomorrow, literally.
    At the end of the day I am still behind financially but it was worth the price to be free from that relationship. There are always opportunities to make more money if you want them.
    You can't put a price tag on freedom and peace of mind.

Thread has run its course...Closed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice