LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Could it just be a rebound?

Originally Posted by LucyJane84
    I dont want, nor need his money. We have managed just fine so far. He is not on their birth certificates, he refused with our first as he wanted me to have an abortion. If he makes no effort to be apart of their lives then why should i chase around after him. It's better that he's just gone. I have never asked him for any money towards them. Yeah hes brought them things and paid on day trips but i have never had any kind of maintainance and i do not intend to start asking for it now!
    I am currently doing no contact. Mostly to see how long before he asks about the children. <then why bother with this?

No one is judging you, Lucy. We are trying to understand you, and trying to help you understand your situation.

I suspect you came here hoping, maybe against hope, for a certain answer. You wanted a few internet strangers to tell you that things are looking pretty good—a rough patch, sure, but nothing more than that. We'd confirm for you that the new woman is just rebound—that he's bound to bounce back to you quickly, better and more committed than ever, and that his social media feed is all the evidence you need to know what's really what, in his heart.

But we can't do that for the very same reason you came to us: because you couldn't shuffle all those pieces around in a way that made for a harmonious picture.

It's a really tough had you've been dealt. Hugs. It's also really great that you've got the means and moxie to take good care of your kids through this. I'm sorry that he's not the guy you hoped he could be—and I do think that giving up that hope, and focusing on the guy he is, will bring you the peace you're looking for right now.

Thread closed per member request.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice