Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could it just be a rebound?

If he got close to her because of the distance between us would that be the same as a rebound? I just cant understand how he could have moved on so fast. I am currently doing no contact. Mostly to see how long before he asks about the children.

Platinum Member
    He hadn't seen his kids since June? Does he support them?

No. He hadnt seen any of us until last week. And no i have had nothing from him for them since june. I havent asked though. When he ended things he said he'd support us and i asked how and he said if i didnt believe he would to get csa set in place

He is apparently already telling this new girl he loves her? Even if they had been getting close whilst we were still together surely thats still too soon to be real love?

You can "do no contact" but you need to file for child support for your child. Don't play games.
    Originally Posted by LucyJane84
    I am currently doing no contact. Mostly to see how long before he asks about the children.

Platinum Member
    He is apparently already telling this new girl he loves her? Even if they had been getting close whilst we were still together surely thats still too soon to be real love?
    Where are you getting this information from, Lucy?

I know it hurts to hear, but whether or not it's "real" love is not important. What is important is that he has not seen his own children in months and bailed pretty quickly when life handed you guys lemons. That sure isn't real love, either, I'm afraid to say.

Contact a lawyer. You can't be No Contact indefinitely when there are minor children involved. Learn what your rights are as their mom, and what his rights are as their dad. Get informed. You are eventually going to need a formal agreement, even if it seems unimaginable now that this where your life is at. Even if he comes back, I can't see how you would ever trust him enough not to run away again when the next Speedbump of Life comes along. This isn't a reliable man, Lucy.

If he makes no effort to see his children or to even ask how they are they i can and will go no contact indefinitely. They dont need someone like that in their lives!

He doesn't have to. What you have to do is provide child support and stand up for your child in court and petition on her behalf. It's not your decision to decide if "They dont need someone like that in their lives". The court determines that when you arrange court ordered visitation/custody.

Keep in mind he can decline seeing them but he must legally pay child support, when you get yourself to court and do the right thing for your child and stop fussing over whoever he cheated on you with. Is tracking him and his new woman really that much more important than your own child?
    If he makes no effort to see his children or to even ask how they are they i can and will go no contact indefinitely. !

Platinum Member
    No. He hadnt seen any of us until last week. And no i have had nothing from him for them since june. I havent asked though. When he ended things he said he'd support us and i asked how and he said if i didnt believe he would to get csa set in place
    I'm sorry, but you want this guy back?! He is a horrific parent! You seem to be more concerned about him returning to you, than the fact that he does not contact or support his kids for three months! What are you thinking?

You need to see an attorney to get a support agreement with this loser! Expect more for your children, and yourself. Time to think of them.

Platinum Member
    If he makes no effort to see his children or to even ask how they are they i can and will go no contact indefinitely. They dont need someone like that in their lives!
    You are not thinking in the best interest of the kids. This deadbeat should be supporting them! You chose this guy, and there were a lot of red flags. You are both thinking of your own needs and also very irresponsible. Put your ego aside.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 09-24-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice