Is he gay/bi or just genuinely interested?

Hi, I am a bisexual man in his early twenties who's never had any relationship before. Last year I met my friend's brother. At first I did not care about him up until I noticed that he was giving me shy glances and turn away as I looked back. A couple of months later I met him again and he was super excited to see me as well as grooming himself all the time. After that, I decided to follow him on Instagram but neither me nor him have ever sent a message. This year I met him again and I noticed that while we were talking it looked like he was about to touch me several times on my arm but retrived all the time. Then kept on staring at me all the time that night. I don't know how to feel about these behaviors.What could it mean? As far as I know he is Christian, has many guy friends,likes sports.. . You know, the stereotypical straight man, but these behaviors suggest me otherwise. I am not planning on telling him straight away as it might all be in my head. I also tried to decode his body language but I haven't picked too much, a part from some crossed legs. We never talk that much either, since, we both have very little in common.

I don't have much to say since I have had very few encounters with him. I just wanted to read some similar experiences and what you guys think of it.

Dude, you really need to drop all the stereotypes of gay men, its offensive My gay male friends do not cross their legs, unless it is part of the culture. There are plenty of gay men who are religious and into sports, too. I suggest you organize some hangout and see what happens

Oh yeah, sorry for that. I know it doesn't mean anyything and these are all just stereotypes but people, generally speaking,live off them( no-one would suspect that) It was my bad including them and not explaining further my intention. By the way, when it comes to my 'obsession' with this guy... I don't know either. We haven't talked that much, but just the fact alone that he showed these behaviors " staring à lot, wanting to touch my arm during a conversation but withdrawing it fastly etc. Got me into him a bit. So, I was looking for someone to give me different views or tell me about similar experiences they had had.

But unfortunately I am not that bold to go and ask him to meet. I tried sometimes to go and talk to him. He was nice but didn't ask further questions to keep the conversation going. Sometimes I feel like it is my fault, like I could've asked more questions, or talked more about me.

It is just a crush, which will go away only when I will know exactly what hel feels towards me. It is immature and very time/energy-consuming, I know, but that's why I am trying to find further views to clear my mind.

I behave normally. I avoid people with whom I am sure there's a little interest towards me. I feel like I am scared of engaging into a serious relationship, hence I have never had one. I just like the very beginning stage of "falling in love " because it is nice to feel that there's someone who might be interested in you beyond friendship, but the relationship itself is not my cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived