Ex lover gave number away

Barzola93

So I was having an affair that lasted maybe 2 months. We were both in a relationship & understood each others situation. I feel the guy was sleeping around with other people not just me because he always had excuses why he couldn’t hang out. I told him I didn’t want to see him anymore and I guess the last time we spoke we had a bit of an altercation. 2 months has passed since them & this guy has had me blocked so I haven’t bothered him. Out of nowhere his friend sends me a text message saying his friend (my ex lover) gave him my number. I have met this guy once but I feel this is very disrespectful on behalf of my ex lover. I am very upset about this because it feels like he is messing with me. The devil in me says contact his girlfriend and inform her of the affair to mess wiith him. I was moving on but this event set me back and if he’s messing with me then should I mess with him?

That could go both ways. He has as much on you as you have on him. You're both in the same boat. Affairs are temporary. They end when it gets boring, or found out or there's a new lover.

Perhaps his gf gave this guy your number. He may have told her you're just a hooker to cover his tracks. Are you going to meet up with this guy?

The devil in me says contact his girlfriend and inform her of the affair to mess wiith him. I was moving on but this event set me back and if he’s messing with me then should I mess with him?

I asked the friend about this and he said he asked my ex lover for my number. I don’t plan to meet up with the guy. Ex lover works maybe 1 min away from my place of work so I thought of stopping by and telling him leave me alone and don’t give my number away like that. I’m just really upset. I don’t understand why he would do something so disrespectful.

That wouldn't make a scene would it? His workplace could have you removed/arrested for stalking, harassing, trespassing, etc.

Hopefully you're trolling because this sounds like a scene out of 'Fatal Attraction':

Ex lover works maybe 1 min away from my place of work so I thought of stopping by and telling him leave me alone and don’t give my number away like that. .

Take a step back, a deep breath, look in the mirror, and ask yourself who do you want to be? Do you want to be a woman hellbent on “messing with” a man she had an affair with? Or do you want to be a woman who, at one point in her life, made some questionable choices and grew up a bit once she realized that questionable choices come with a cost?

Your call, in the end.

It's anyone's guess why your "ex" gave out your number so don't go there. You'll spiral into negativity and it's a waste of energy and time. You don't even have to respond to this person's text at all. Block it completely and do not respond.

I understand you're enraged and insulted that someone could abuse your personal information like that. You took a risk trusting someone in an untrustworthy circumstance (cheating on your current relationship). Don't get mad about something that you helped to create. Let it all go and don't get stuck in that web. You were on track "moving on" so keep on moving on!

So I was having an affair that lasted maybe 2 months. We were both in a relationship & understood each others situation. I feel the guy was sleeping around with other people not just me because he always had excuses why he couldn’t hang out. I told him I didn’t want to see him anymore and I guess the last time we spoke we had a bit of an altercation. 2 months has passed since them & this guy has had me blocked so I haven’t bothered him. Out of nowhere his friend sends me a text message saying his friend (my ex lover) gave him my number. I have met this guy once but I feel this is very disrespectful on behalf of my ex lover. I am very upset about this because it feels like he is messing with me. The devil in me says contact his girlfriend and inform her of the affair to mess wiith him. I was moving on but this event set me back and if he’s messing with me then should I mess with him?

So, you were both cheating on your partners, and now you want to out him to his gf. Like some you have some moral authority. Oh goodness.

Look into your own behavior and how low your own value system has sunk. You two, sound deserving of one another.

I asked the friend about this and he said he asked my ex lover for my number. I don’t plan to meet up with the guy. Ex lover works maybe 1 min away from my place of work so I thought of stopping by and telling him leave me alone and don’t give my number away like that. I’m just really upset. I don’t understand why he would do something so disrespectful.

How disrespectful do you think it was ti cheat on your bf. He probably told his friend you were an easy lay, that is why he gave it to him. This sounds about right.

It would not necessarily make a scene. He would be the only person there. No bosses or coworkers around. I guess that would be stalking. So should I just not care that he’s handing my number out?

There is a significant difference between not caring, and not reacting in such a way that will likely only incite further drama. I would absolutely not go to this guy's workplace. I would simply inform the friend that you are not interested, and leave it at that.

If you decide to tell his girlfriend, well, be prepared for everyone to find out that you cheated, too. It will backfire on you in a major way, so if you can't handle the truth about your own behaviour coming out, stay away from the girlfriend as well.

I gather you are no longer with your boyfriend?

Archived