Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex lover gave number away

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Barzola93
    Thank you to the last 2 responses I will keep moving forward. No need for me to get caught up in that web again. Iím going to let it go.
    Excellent choice.

Platinum Member
    So I was having an affair that lasted maybe 2 months. We were both in a relationship & understood each others situation. I feel the guy was sleeping around with other people not just me because he always had excuses why he couldnít hang out. I told him I didnít want to see him anymore and I guess the last time we spoke we had a bit of an altercation. 2 months has passed since them & this guy has had me blocked so I havenít bothered him. Out of nowhere his friend sends me a text message saying his friend (my ex lover) gave him my number. I have met this guy once but I feel this is very disrespectful on behalf of my ex lover. I am very upset about this because it feels like he is messing with me. The devil in me says contact his girlfriend and inform her of the affair to mess wiith him. I was moving on but this event set me back and if heís messing with me then should I mess with him?
    So, you were both cheating on your partners, and now you want to out him to his gf. Like some you have some moral authority. Oh goodness.

Look into your own behavior and how low your own value system has sunk. You two, sound deserving of one another.

Platinum Member
    I asked the friend about this and he said he asked my ex lover for my number. I donít plan to meet up with the guy. Ex lover works maybe 1 min away from my place of work so I thought of stopping by and telling him leave me alone and donít give my number away like that. Iím just really upset. I donít understand why he would do something so disrespectful.
    How disrespectful do you think it was ti cheat on your bf. He probably told his friend you were an easy lay, that is why he gave it to him. This sounds about right.

Platinum Member
    It would not necessarily make a scene. He would be the only person there. No bosses or coworkers around. I guess that would be stalking. So should I just not care that heís handing my number out?
    There is a significant difference between not caring, and not reacting in such a way that will likely only incite further drama. I would absolutely not go to this guy's workplace. I would simply inform the friend that you are not interested, and leave it at that.

If you decide to tell his girlfriend, well, be prepared for everyone to find out that you cheated, too. It will backfire on you in a major way, so if you can't handle the truth about your own behaviour coming out, stay away from the girlfriend as well.

I gather you are no longer with your boyfriend?

If you really want to be sure your ex doesnt give out your phone #, change your number.

This man was cheating on his partner & you are amazed that he is "disrespectful"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice