Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Met a girl Online and not sure how to proceed with things - opinions needed

Met a girl Online and not sure how to proceed with things - opinions needed

Okay so I know it's hard to sometimes fully 100% understand a situation simply because information given is sometimes limited and one sided - in this case coming from me but Ill try my best.

So I've been talking to this girl for a while now from an online dating site. I went back today and checked and my first message to her was around Jun 6th. In that time span we have gone out on 3 dates so far with the 2nd & 3rd date both ending with me kissing her. She asked if I wanted to see her this weekend and I said sure what plans did you have in mind and she said that she wants to get us tickets to a like a Plat type show and also suggested that she's going to ask a few of her friends to see if they want to come along and I should also ask some of my friends as well if they might be interested.

Now I'm no expert in dating at all and never will claim to be one..... but isn't it kinda strange to be doing something like that? I mean I feel like I barely know her that well yet alone factoring in friends into the equation at this stage of the dating process. I really don't know how to interpret or take this. I know for a fact none of my friends would be interested in going to something like that so it'll probably just be me and her friends and situation might be a little awkward since she'd be the only person I know albeit even with her it would only be our 4th time meeting as well.

What do you guys and gals think about this?

would love to hear your opinions

Thanks

It is kind of odd when you've had only three dates, but I think you should just go and see what happens. Maybe she wants her friends to meet you. In any case, you can meet her friends and have a good time. Just go with the flow. That's my advice.

Platinum Member
    Sometimes I think we (as a species - lol -myself included) tend to overthink relationships.

Letís say you met a guy friend. You hung out with guy friend a couple of times, and then he asks if you want to come with him and his buddies to a show. Would THAT be weird? Itís not weird, IMO. Itís how you meet and get to know people.

Donít read too much into it. You arenít going as her boyfriend (because you arenít her boyfriend at this stage). You are just going as some guy she met who she would like to get to know more.

I donít think itís a pressure situation at all. Itís just something different to do. I say - go and have a good time :)

I wouldn't overthink it. She wanted to see you, that's what counts.

Platinum Member
    It really sounds fine to me. Iíve been invited to similar plans when I was first dating someone. People have different feelings about what it means - if anything - to meet friends. Itís nice she wants to see you and plan a fun time.

Go. Have fun.

Originally Posted by RedDress
    Sometimes I think we (as a species - lol -myself included) tend to overthink relationships.

Letís say you met a guy friend. You hung out with guy friend a couple of times, and then he asks if you want to come with him and his buddies to a show. Would THAT be weird? Itís not weird, IMO. Itís how you meet and get to know people.

Donít read too much into it. You arenít going as her boyfriend (because you arenít her boyfriend at this stage). You are just going as some guy she met who she would like to get to know more.

I donít think itís a pressure situation at all. Itís just something different to do. I say - go and have a good time :)
    I'm definitely the over thinking and analyzing type haha

So you're saying that if it was you and you've been on 3 dates with a guy and he told you to invite your friends and his friends to all go out for dinner you'd be fine and okay with it?

I mean maybe it's just never happen to me before so I didn't know how to react but now I know for future reference when it happens again not to put too much thought into it and over analyze it.

I don't know what a "plat type show" is, and Google wasn't very helpful. But I've generally found that it's a good sign when people I'm curious about want to see me again, so, assuming you want to see her, maybe just make that the focus for the time being? Go on a fourth date, have fun, see if afterwards you feel like a 5th date. If you doóand if she does tooóall you have is something to be happy about. If neither of you do, that's life. If one of you does while the other doesn'tówell, that's life too.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Go. Have fun.
    I'll definitely go.... it's just that I'll probably end up being shy and quiet since I'm going to feel like the odd person out in the group.
    Hopefully it's a Play so we'll probably be all quiet and not have to talk much anyway

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I don't know what a "plat type show" is, and Google wasn't very helpful. But I've generally found that it's a good sign when people I'm curious about want to see me again, so, assuming you want to see her, maybe just make that the focus for the time being? Go on a fourth date, have fun, see if afterwards you feel like a 5th date. If you doóand if she does tooóall you have is something to be happy about. If neither of you do, that's life. If one of you does while the other doesn'tówell, that's life too.
    that's basically how I always break dating down to the very basic

you both like each other

you both aren't into each other

you like the person more than they like you

they like you more than you like them

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice