Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would this be creepy?

Gold Member

Would this be creepy?

I am in a long distance "relationship" where I am going to visit the girl for the second time. I'm considering taking her to a park near her house to have a picnic and i'm even considering just picking her up and "surprising" her with the idea. Do you think its creepy if I googled a bunch of parks near where she lives without telling her and just taking her there? Maybe its better if I just tell her what my plan is and have her suggest a park close by to her?

Bronze Member
    I wouldn't say it's creepy. But it is probably too much hassle to maintain the "surprise" of just going for a picnic at a local park. If she likes parks she probably went to parks near her home quite often. Not saying picnic is a bad idea, I just don't see the point in making it a surprise. If you want to surprise her, buy some flowers, take her somewhere unusual/exciting. But if it is just a second date, going for a big gesture would seem premature, a simple bunch of roses will do.

Oh yeah, from the girl's perspective, she will probably want to wear different stuff if you are going to a park, compared to going to a restaurant or something.

Oh our first date was at a park. And many dates were at many parks afterwards, some I'd never been to. It depends on the woman so you should know best if she's up for something like that. If you're really not sure, it's best to err on the side of caution. I'd let her know it's a picnic date at a park and arrange all the food and beverages (that's your surprise to her). Let her pick the park as she will probably know best in her area. Make it a collaborative effort... I hope you guys have fun.

Platinum Member
    I think it sounds like a great idea. I LOVE picnics!!!!
    Just tell her to dress comfortable and casual.

Sounds really sweet. I hope it works out well for you.

Bronze Member
    Itís only creepy if she didnít tell you where she lives ;)

I don't think it's creepy. It sounds like a great idea! Surprise her with a park near her home.

Platinum Member
    Why would that be creepy, OP?

I think it sounds like a lovely idea.

Let her suggest places. A picnic may not be a good idea for a 'surprise'. No, never just drive someone you barely know someplace and not tell them where you're going...that is super creepy. You can have a great time without 'surprises'.

What's wrong with letting her pick a place for a simple lunch that is not the hassle of a picnic? Do you really want her lugging blankets, baskets, lunch, drinks, etc around? What's the fun in that?
    Originally Posted by BrokenGator
    Do you think its creepy if I googled a bunch of parks near where she lives without telling her and just taking her there?

Bronze Member
    If she knows you are coming then it's a lovely surprise. For a LDR partner to show up unannounced out of the blue for a 2nd meeting isn't creepy so much as ill advised. She may have plans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice