Would this be creepy?

BrokenGator

I am in a long distance "relationship" where I am going to visit the girl for the second time. I'm considering taking her to a park near her house to have a picnic and i'm even considering just picking her up and "surprising" her with the idea. Do you think its creepy if I googled a bunch of parks near where she lives without telling her and just taking her there? Maybe its better if I just tell her what my plan is and have her suggest a park close by to her?

I wouldn't say it's creepy. But it is probably too much hassle to maintain the "surprise" of just going for a picnic at a local park. If she likes parks she probably went to parks near her home quite often. Not saying picnic is a bad idea, I just don't see the point in making it a surprise. If you want to surprise her, buy some flowers, take her somewhere unusual/exciting. But if it is just a second date, going for a big gesture would seem premature, a simple bunch of roses will do.

Oh yeah, from the girl's perspective, she will probably want to wear different stuff if you are going to a park, compared to going to a restaurant or something.

Oh our first date was at a park. And many dates were at many parks afterwards, some I'd never been to. It depends on the woman so you should know best if she's up for something like that. If you're really not sure, it's best to err on the side of caution. I'd let her know it's a picnic date at a park and arrange all the food and beverages (that's your surprise to her). Let her pick the park as she will probably know best in her area. Make it a collaborative effort... I hope you guys have fun.

Let her suggest places. A picnic may not be a good idea for a 'surprise'. No, never just drive someone you barely know someplace and not tell them where you're going...that is super creepy. You can have a great time without 'surprises'.

What's wrong with letting her pick a place for a simple lunch that is not the hassle of a picnic? Do you really want her lugging blankets, baskets, lunch, drinks, etc around? What's the fun in that?

Do you think its creepy if I googled a bunch of parks near where she lives without telling her and just taking her there?

I think it depends on the girl and on the city... there are definitely parks in my city I would want to steer away from... and some that are beautiful... I am sure google could help you out with that.

As for the girl, I think it's sweet that you want to surprise her with a picnic, just make sure you tell her to dress appropriately. Bring an extra blanket in case it gets cold... and have a back up plan in case it rains.

For the first few dates, you are probably better off without surprises or grand gestures and keeping it simple, fun, public. Personally, I wouldn't be very keen to go to some park with a guy I've just met once. It might be cute down the road when you both know each other better.

Basic rule of thumb is if you have to ask if something might be creepy....just don't do it. It means the idea is either bad or premature in this case. You don't know her enough to know how she'll respond and that's the only opinion that matters. What strangers on the internet think is not relevant. So get to know her more so you can gauge better how something will go over.

Well, I'm definitely not showing up unannounced! She knows I'm coming and this won't be the second time I'll be going out with her on a date. I like the picnic idea because it will be chill and allows us to talk in a quiet area while also eating some of her favorite foods that I will bring with me.

Enjoy! I think it is a terrific idea!

Oh our first date was at a park. And many dates were at many parks afterwards, some I'd never been to. It depends on the woman so you should know best if she's up for something like that. If you're really not sure, it's best to err on the side of caution. I'd let her know it's a picnic date at a park and arrange all the food and beverages (that's your surprise to her). Let her pick the park as she will probably know best in her area. Make it a collaborative effort... I hope you guys have fun.

Thank you!

Archived