Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: How Long do Posts Take To Be Approved

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    25

    How Long do Posts Take To Be Approved

    I tried posting something last night, it wasn't ever posted so I posted again today. I received the same message regarding the post had to be approved. How long does this take. I realize there are issues with people trolling sites like this, but for those who have legit posts, how long does it take to have something approved and is it always this way when you submit a post? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,827
    Gender
    Female
    Depends on when the admin has time to review it.
    Originally Posted by angelita0609
    I tried posting something last night, it wasn't ever posted so I posted again today. I received the same message regarding the post had to be approved. How long does this take. I realize there are issues with people trolling sites like this, but for those who have legit posts, how long does it take to have something approved and is it always this way when you submit a post? Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    34,927
    Gender
    Male
    How long did this post take to be posted? Have you reviewed the forum rules to see if there's an issue?
    Originally Posted by angelita0609
    I how long does it take to have something approved and is it always this way when you submit a post?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Depends on when the admin has time to review it.
    So it's not uncommon to take 12+ hours? I'm new here and not familiar with it all. Thanks in advance.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    How long did this post take to be posted? Have you reviewed the forum rules to see if there's an issue?
    This thread was instantly posted, it was only 5 sentences though, which the other one was of course more than that. Yes it was within the forum rules, nothing out of the ordinary.

  7. #6
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,827
    Gender
    Female
    No, I would not say it is common. It was flagged for some reason.
    Originally Posted by angelita0609
    So it's not uncommon to take 12+ hours? I'm new here and not familiar with it all. Thanks in advance.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,402
    Gender
    Female
    Try to be patient. Give it up to 24 hours. Don't jump to any conclusions and just wait for their response.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Try to be patient. Give it up to 24 hours. Don't jump to any conclusions and just wait for their response.
    Iíve been patient. Itís been 24 hours and still nothing. Clearly one would be able to tell when reading my post Iím not a troll.

  10. #9
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    34,927
    Gender
    Male
    If it's way too long and contains a lot of words that have to be sifted through, why not post a very edited cleaned up version so you can get started? As you can see this got posted in seconds so it's the content of whatever else you posted.

    Try not to cram a life story in one post. Mention the salient points then allow the thread to progress. It's not about trolling, those posters are simply banned. It's clearly the content. As you can see you are having a discussion here, so just repost in a simple few sentences.

    Originally Posted by angelita0609
    This thread was instantly posted, it was only 5 sentences though, which the other one was of course more than that.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    If it's way too long and contains a lot of words that have to be sifted through, why not post a very edited cleaned up version so you can get started? As you can see this got posted in seconds so it's the content of whatever else you posted.

    Try not to cram a life story in one post. Mention the salient points then allow the thread to progress. It's not about trolling, those posters are simply banned. It's clearly the content. As you can see you are having a discussion here, so just repost in a simple few sentences.
    It was a few shorter-medium paragraphs. It was much much shorter than many Iíve seen on here. I didnít cram too much in. It was pretty condensed. Iíll likely find another site to utilize. When someone can see that the person isnít a troll, isnít cramming a life story into one post and really thereís nothing off about what the poster submitted there shouldnít be so much scrutiny. Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •