Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chatting for 3 weeks and this message

I sent this message and no more communication: thank you for your honesty. Good luck with the job situation. You can contact me when you know what direction your life is going to go in. Wishing you all the best.

Excellent. Now you're free to message with and meet other men. Try to meet sooner next time and do not prolong chitchatting. Don't let anyone hold you up in your endeavors.
    Originally Posted by heartbroken84
    I sent this message and no more communication: thank you for your honesty. Good luck with the job situation. You can contact me when you know what direction your life is going to go in. Wishing you all the best.

Platinum Member
    I personally find that an odd message. Does he really need to know all that in order to contact you or does he simply need to be ready to date again? Two different things. And also comes across as kind of unpleasant - I might have softened it with "of course feel free to contact me if you feel in a better position to meet up again and perhaps we can meet again at that time"

Sorry heartbroken, just seeing this now.

The message was okay, like Batya mentioned, I might have worded it slightly differently. But no worries. It got the message across.

I hope you will not sit and wait and wonder. Try to go about your life as normal, maybe even consider dating someone else and see what happens.

You might hear from him again, or you might not. I do wish you the best of luck though with finding someone special.

Platinum Member
    We met off a Muslim dating site geared towards marriage and he told me he was seriously dating for marriage. And he told me he was not a serial dater and that he couldn’t marry before March etc. I was taking it easy, and letting him take the lead. He texted me everyday and I don’t think it was me coming off strong. Who knows. Thanks for the advice.
    Men who have uncertainty career wise stop looking for a wife until the situation has improved.
    That's why women who date college-age men and pester them for rings upon graduation do NOT understand why their guy won't propose. He won't because he wants to feel he is stable in his career, not some unemployed college student.

btw, just because a man is looking for marriage does not mean he OWES you marriage. He is looking for the best match as well, not just someone else who also wants to get married that's only a starting point, and then you go from there to find out if a person is compatible

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice