Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should i reach out to my ex or not?

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Ok... I can understand butter fingers and someone miss-dialing. The point she made to tell you she's in a relationship means it's finished, OP. This is done and over. Do not contact. If it bothers you that she's a bit careless with her phone and could confuse you again by dialing you, block her number or mute the phone calls coming from her (send her to vm). Don't stay hung up on this forever. Meet new people, make an effort to really try and get out of this zone you're in. It's not healthy for you. Onwards and forwards.

I want to elaborate

When i sent her a letter in the mail, she told me not to send letters to her house because her family saw it and that she is in a relationship now.
    I apologised and said the letter was for her and she said well you could of just texted me.

Sorry this happened. Don't participate in these games. If you have nonexclusive hookups, wear condoms. Don't catfish people, it's creepy. Delete and block her and all her people from all your social media and messaging apps and do not catfish or troll her to stalk and snoop.

Get your self-respect together and move on. Unfortunately you have entered the stalking creep zone and you need to stop before you get charged with stalking, harassment or get a restraining order slapped on you. Keep in mind your "fake profiles" are very easy to trace.
    Originally Posted by angelo44
    I had to use fake profiles to message guys who i thought she was seeing to confirm if it was true not ( i could of got an STD?) I was heart broken and reacted real bad by threatening her and calling her names.

Platinum Member
    Sorry but you are making it out like i message and text her daily when that's not the case at all. She has blocked me yes, when i did contact her she was in a relationship. Now she is not.
    I never said you text her daily. Where did I say that?

It seems you want to be encouraged to contact her rather than asking for actual advice.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry this happened. Don't participate in these games. If you have nonexclusive hookups, wear condoms. Don't catfish people, it's creepy. Delete and block her and all her people from all your social media and messaging apps and do not catfish or troll her to stalk and snoop.

Get your self-respect together and move on. Unfortunately you have entered the stalking creep zone and you need to stop before you get charged with stalking, harassment or get a restraining order slapped on you. Keep in mind your "fake profiles" are very easy to trace.
    Hi yes,
    I deeply regret the way I acted.
    The problem was that she was flat out lying to me about sleeping with other men whilst still talking to me and sleeping with me. I mean i could of got an STD or something. I started getting real anxious so mad a fake profile and messaged the dude who she slept with to confirm.
    You can say it's creepy and yea i guess it is but at the same time, i was real worried about my health . Imagine if i got herpes or something?

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    This is over, OP.

It sounds like it was a toxic and immature relationship, and that you have some maturing to do. I am not saying that she doesn't, but we're only getting your side of things. If breaking up led to losing your job, calling her names and threatening her, it's clear you need a better set of coping mechanisms when life hands you lemons. You don't appear to be able to handle your emotions constructively. Have you considered some professional help with that?

Leave her be, in any case. It's very clear she doesn't want to hear from you.

Yes, i've gotten professional help.
    I deeply regret the way i acted when things went bad. But i guess it's easy to say in hindsight. Love is a powerful drug. Hell, people suicide over love.

Its strange how it seems like you're defending her when she was talking to me, having sex with me and telling me that she wanted to continually see me WHILST doing this with other men..
    it's very heart breaking and i felt so angry , depressed and insecure when i found out the truth...
    I would never do such a thing to a girl myself..

Ok guys i'm accepting the fact it's over

how do i move on though? i feel realy bad about the way i acted and everything i did when things ended. TBH, she wass't an angel herself but i still feel bad aabout it.. i was so out of character..

Platinum Member

how do i move on though? i feel realy bad about the way i acted and everything i did when things ended. TBH, she wass't an angel herself but i still feel bad aabout it.. i was so out of character..
    Forgive yourself because everyone has done things they regret.

But I can tell you for sure, trying to get back with her is not the answer. Besides, she treated you disrespectfully. Why would you want her back anyway? And please don't say it's because you "love her".

Platinum Member

you move on by never contacting her again and not treating the next woman you meet the same

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Forgive yourself because everyone has done things they regret.

But I can tell you for sure, trying to get back with her is not the answer. Besides, she treated you disrespectfully. Why would you want her back anyway? And please don't say it's because you "love her".
    Hey Boltnrun thanks for your response

Here are my issues. i'm 25 and don't have many friends at all. I work a boring office job and have been stuck in the same routine for years. I'm very lonely and depressed and have very low self esteem.

I've met a few girls through online dating that i had a few casual flings with.

When i met this girl i felt a real connection with her and really enjoyed spending time with her. All of a sudden we started seeing each other and i was so happy. Just having someone to hang out with, do stuff with , go to the gym with. I haven't felt like this for years. However, i knew that this girl had a lot of issues/red flags. She told me weird things, acted very immature, had a lot of male friends etc. So i was really torn - 1 part of me loved the companionship but the logical part of me knew i shouldn't have a serious relationship with a girl like her.

Unfortunately i developed a very strong attachment to her and fell in love with her.
    When she stuffed me around and dumped me i was realy heart broken and hurt and felt insecure like i wasn't good enough hence why i reacted so badly.

Now i'm back to being lonely. I have no friends, no one to talk to nothing. She was like an anti depressant for me. I've considered suicide lately tbh. I really miss her. She was fun, enthusiastic, bubbly personality. I've been on a few other dates but it just isn't the same.

last night i went to a brothel because i felt so lonely but stil thought of her and still miss her. I wish i never went out with her i wish i could remain lonely/ignorant

Oh well

i'll probably suicide in a few years anyway so who cares

You move on by not being mean and small-minded, letting go of the past and taking the lessons with you to the future. A lot of people turn to vindictiveness or want justification for the betrayal or hurt that someone else has caused. This is only human but to act on it is a bad idea. Don't become that person.

If she made questionable choices while she was with you, be humble and accept that you invited her into your life. Be accountable for YOUR actions. Don't keep pushing the blame on someone else. Remember that it took both of you to come together, two to tango. Get yourself checked but stop that unending loop of blame. You're sounding a bit like a broken record and no one likes being around a mean person who likes to blame others.

Be adult about it, humble enough to accept your part in all of it and learn from the mistakes. Acknowledge all of that and then get up. Brush it off and take only the lessons with you. Leave the rest behind.
    Last edited by Rose Mosse; 09-18-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice