It does get better, it truly does

I’ve had a big transformation since I started posting on here a week ago. I’ve done a lot of spiritual reflection this week and it’s lead to where I am now. And I guess I just want everyone to know that comes to this site in a panic like I did that it is okay, and it will be okay. I know it’s a hard pill to swallow when someone you love walks out of your life, but these things happen for a reason. The universe ends cycles for us when it knows it’s time. And it brings good things to us when we put the work in to make ourselves happy without another person. I know it feels like you might be in a fog of sadness, and desperation but you owe it to yourself to forgive yourself as well as the other person. If you carry resentment with you, it will only block you from where ever you are meant to be even if you are meant to be with the person that left. I know me and my ex have a strong connection, I’ll always love him and I know he’ll always love me, he won’t ever forget me and if it’s meant to be in the end it will be. But for now, it’s the end of a beautiful chapter. Now time to start writing a new one by myself.

This is beautiful.

I can attest to the kernel of truth it contains! I first came here as my marriage began to fall apart (we ended up divorcing in 2013) going through the worst pain I’ve ever experienced.

I pulled through with help and support and life did what it do....grew and flourished despite my sadness and one day I woke up able to see the beauty again.

Met a genuinely sweet woman and took the scary plunge into love again. Well it’s years later and I’m processing heartbreak again...but now I KNOW I will be okay. And if you’re reading this, you will too!

Crawl before you walk, it makes crashes a lot more manageable. You’re still in the very early stages of all this...a week out. Just allow your emotions to naturally flow through, no need to be a guru showing off your battle scars, some days will be better than others. You’re on the right path.

You can indeed help though, start commenting, give advice, maybe even keep a journal, all that can be very therapeutic.

How has therapy been going for you?

Glad to see you’re doing well.

Archived