Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend suspicious after I put my phone on airplane and he couldn't locate me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    The day someone wanted to track my whereabouts 24/7 would be the day that they NEVER knew where I was ever again. Dude has issues and I suspect that you have yet to find out the extent of them. Save yourself the trouble and when he moves, you move as well to somewhere else and make sure you have your phone off of tracking mode when you do it so he can't find you.
    I could not agree more.

Platinum Member
    Control freak, insecure, manipulative nut! Why in the world do you indulge any of this nonsense!? So unhealthy. He does not trust you!

I would never have agreed for my partner to know my location. Ridiculous! As you can see, he watches you very closely.

You have done nothing wrong, yet he will continue to punish you. He enjoys it!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    The day someone wanted to track my whereabouts 24/7 would be the day that they NEVER knew where I was ever again. Dude has issues and I suspect that you have yet to find out the extent of them. Save yourself the trouble and when he moves, you move as well to somewhere else and make sure you have your phone off of tracking mode when you do it so he can't find you.
    Agree.......

Platinum Member
    How can you possible tell yourself that he doesnít care about your location? He most certainly does, and not he doesnít trust you at all.

This location-sharing isnít normal in mature relationships, OP. It sounds like you pander to him and make excuses for him because you are afraid that if you stand up for yourself you will be forced to admit heís not that great guy youíve been trying to convince yourself he is. So you tiptoe around him and do anything to avoid making waves. But girl, this is extremely unhealthy and controlling behaviour on his part.

You think heís paranoid now? Just wait until you go LD.

I would not allow someone to monitor me like this. You need to ask yourself why you have permitted this and enabled him.

Platinum Member
    "although he can be controlling in some ways, like everyone else."

Where did you get the idea "everyone else" is controlling?

Cell Phones are Satan's tool in breaking up relationships!

You need to immediately change all your account and device settings. Start with knocking off location sharing. Then change all your passcodes to all your accounts and devices.

Then seriously review your social media and make it completely private. Stop posting too much about who what where when, etc. Only allow trusted individuals to be able to view your contact. (and not this creep you're dating)

Get all and every gps/location service off all your accounts and devices. If you are not tech savvy ask someone (not this controlling jerk/bf) to help you go through your devices and accounts and reset things to a more intelligent privacy level.

Not good, not good at all.

You need to get away, he sounds dangerous.

Why volunteer to be his whipping post? He sounds angry and a bit paranoid. His ex was smart to run from this guy.
    Originally Posted by alibabac
    He does have trust issues, and his previous relationship when his ex cheated on him and wasn't honest about a lot of things.

Hi all, I'm taking all of your comments into consideration, thank you!! I don't have much time to respond to everyone at the moment but here's what I would like to say...

Many people share their locations with others 24/7 nowadays, perhaps it's a millennial thing. My BF and his boss were even sharing their location (my BF's suggestion again). When my BF stopped sharing his location with his boss, the boss sent him a frowny face because he enjoyed seeing what he was up to. I warned my BF that sharing his location with the boss would make their relationship strange, and he did feel the pressure of his boss knowing his every move.

That aside, BF isn't hounding after me to know my location on a daily basis. It's just kind of fun for the both of us. It stuck out to him because it seemed out of character on my end, and yes I am enabling this behavior. I agree with those on here who have said we shouldn't be relying on technology as a form of trust rather than just trusting someone outright. I will suggest that we take off location-sharing and see how that goes.

Later more...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice