Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Maybe we should separate

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Pocket theory: We should generally be as excited—and comforted—by what we don't know and can't understand about another person than what we can "figure out." In some ways, I'd say the people we can grow old with are those we are most comfortable never fully knowing because we're still getting to know them, in much the same way we spend our lives continually getting to know ourselves and learning to be comfortable—and excited—by the idea that we contain things inside still to be discovered.

Woo-woo, I know. But I'll post it anyway as a potential toehold on the rock face you're navigating.
    It's a lovely notion. But alas, it is not my situation. This is something else. Right now I'm at the point bluecastle was referring to. Where I'm holding out a vestige of hope for a breakthrough that will be a magic fix. As in, "If she will just share with me what she's feeling/thinking, it will all get better". But that is probably not the case. But I have to try. I currently have love in my life with a person who is good. There's a lot of people who don't. And she is someone I care for. I'm not at the point yet where I'm ready to throw it away. But I am reaching it. That song by Smokey Robinson comes to mind. "I'm just about at the end of my rope. But I can't give up trying. I can't give up hope". Although Smokey is singing about a woman who won't take him back, but still, that's where I'm at right now. I just have to work my way through it.

Yeah, I hear you. You know it's "something else" when what is inaccessible is a source of discomfort. That's when the head starts working overtime to feed the malnourished heart. What's in there? Is it what I need? Is it nothing? Was it all a fantasy? Am I crazy? Is she/he crazy? You're slipping around at the edge of that rabbit hole, not a fun a spot. But you've lived, you'll know when it gets too slippery for you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Give Advice
Ask For Advice