LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Distance Dumper Regret

I kind of think that if you really wanted to make it work you would have :(

About your dumper's regret - you should also take a long time to figure out if it's him you miss or if it's the relationship itself. Then, only then, will you know what to do.

I definitely miss HIM and of course the relationship that comes with him. I was thinking of talking to his best friend and asking if it makes sense to visit him.

Well if you miss HIM then what are you waiting for?

Just make sure you're careful. You hurt someone and you're going to have some 'proving' to do no matter what.

Don't do end runs around anyone or contact their people. Don't visit someone who has not personally invited you.
    Originally Posted by lion123
    I was thinking of talking to his best friend and asking if it makes sense to visit him.

You have not been apart that long. And if he may move to where you are then there is of course a chance. After all, he said it himself that he would consider being back together only if you two live in the same country. I would let him know what you feel and want. Then it's up to him to figure out if that is also what he wants. When would he be moving, provided he passes his exam?

Luckily I didn't get in touch with anyone. I didn't want to get them involved, just to know if visiting would make a difference.
    But you are right. He had said yes to a visit, when we talked 3 weeks ago, but things escalated shortly after and communication broke down. So I was left wondering, if he would still like it... but didn't want to ask directly, since I don't want to seem desperate.

Originally Posted by HeartAce
    You have not been apart that long. And if he may move to where you are then there is of course a chance. After all, he said it himself that he would consider being back together only if you two live in the same country. I would let him know what you feel and want. Then it's up to him to figure out if that is also what he wants. When would he be moving, provided he passes his exam?
    I let him know that I still have feeling during our last conversation before the communication stopped. He said he is always happy to hear from me. But I will let him process his anger before contacting again. I might message him before his exam, to wish him luck. He would be moving here around February, hopefully.

Originally Posted by valavoo
    Well if you miss HIM then what are you waiting for?

Just make sure you're careful. You hurt someone and you're going to have some 'proving' to do no matter what.
    Yes, I need to be careful, that's why I don't want to be bothering him with my presence. I will let him cool off first and then maybe try a friendly, fun approach, maybe send him something before his exam to make him laugh or motivate him. If he reacts positively, there is a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice