Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Silly Things Pet Owners Do

Camber 2019

For those of us with dogs, we all do the same silly things, but we think no one else does them with their own dogs. So this is a thread to submit those silly, behind the scenes things you do with your dog...

I'll start: You have a special language with them, from the numerous nicknames you give them, to words like "Bankey" for blanket, and "Scoopies" for food...

How about how their names evolve into something ridiculous?

Had a cat named Tucker, shortened to T, from there TT and from that point on he was called Chi Chi.

I currently have a cat named Macy. She doesn't meow, technically. She makes little peep sounds, hence her nickname being Peeps.

YES!

My dog Sadie went from Sadie to Sadie-May to May-Flower to Flow-Flow

How about how their names evolve into something ridiculous?

Had a cat named Tucker, shortened to T, from there TT and from that point on he was called Chi Chi.

I currently have a cat named Macy. She doesn't meow, technically. She makes little peep sounds, hence her nickname being Peeps or Peepers

Aww, totally do this.

Used to have a cat named Blackie. She made those little peep sounds too, a very girly cat, and I mostly called her Meepers or Meep.

My Grand-doggie, is a giant black Lab/Huskie mix, and my sweetheart! I talk to him constantly.... before walking him in winter "Let me put on my GLUBS" (gloves, hahaha) and before we go outside "Let G-Ma go to the baffoom. . . (bathroom, hahahaha) "Let's go walkies" "Let's go for a run-run" His name is Asher but his nickname is "Bub" so I'll come inside and say "Is a Bub at home?" and he'll come and lie down for belly rubs while I say in a silly voice "What's a Bub do??? What's a Bub do???" He moved w/his mom to Colorado last year, and I'll go to visit soon. I had a buffalo-check bandana made for him that says "I Love G-Ma" and I have a matching flannel shirt I'll wear. . . . . LOL. I am a very sane person, but, I'm crazy about that doggo and act a fool :) :)

Good thread!!!

Aww, totally do this.

Used to have a cat named Blackie. She made those little peep sounds too, a very girly cat, and I mostly called her Meepers or Meep.

I make animal sounds back to animals. Some cats have this cooing chirp. Others have weird, truncated meows. My college roommate's cat often sounded like he was saying, "mwat" and sometimes he'd make these really long, undulating meows. It was really funny.

I sometimes use one cat's sounds to talk to another cat. I don't know if I'm actually saying anything, but I think I am. I do the same thing with dogs, especially with that snuffing sound they make when they play.

Our cat "Jeter" is just like a spoiled child, but we wouldn't have it any other way. When we go out I always tell him "Mommy and Daddy will be back, be a good boy."

Along with telling him how handsome he is, when he sits in a posed position he thinks he's a movie star.

Hahahahaha... I do the EXACT same thing with my dogs!

Archived