LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Silly Things Pet Owners Do

Originally Posted by Leah33
    I baby talk my dog, when we wake up in the morning I say "good morning my love, are you ready to make a poopie-doopie?" I also kiss and blow raspberries on his belly.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. :)
    Oh, raspberries are the best things to do to dogs! They get all "Zoomie"

Our cat "Jeter" is just like a spoiled child, but we wouldn't have it any other way. When we go out I always tell him "Mommy and Daddy will be back, be a good boy."

Along with telling him how handsome he is, when he sits in a posed position he thinks he's a movie star.

Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    Our cat "Jeter" is just like a spoiled child, but we wouldn't have it any other way. When we go out I always tell him "Mommy and Daddy will be back, be a good boy."

Along with telling him how handsome he is, when he sits in a posed position he thinks he's a movie star.
    Hahahahaha... I do the EXACT same thing with my dogs!

Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    My Dogs will be (for Halloween):

Newfie 1 - Ladybug
    Newfie 2 - Bumble Bee
    Great Dane - Unicorn

They absolutely LOVE to dress up and don't want to take their costumes off!
    you have two Newfoundlands and a Great Dane? Holy moly. The cost of feeding them! Not to mention the poop!

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    you have two Newfoundlands and a Great Dane? Holy moly. The cost of feeding them! Not to mention the poop!
    Food isn't as bad as one would think (15 cups a day for all 3).

The poop, however....

We do have 5 acres, but still, you can only contain so much poop!

So, my Dane hates to get wet. Needless to say she does not like to go out in the rain, so we bought her a rain coat! Yellow with a hood, just like they make for kids!

And, of course, when we put it on her we say "Ohhhhhhhhhh, you look Soooo pretty!!!"

Dogs in coats = melt my heart.

My two cats love water. Any time you go to use the bathroom, two furballs follow. One at the sink tap, and she gotten spoiled to where she has us turning on the tap for her when we are in the bathroom. One in the bathtub, who likes to stick her head in the drain and lick any drips coming from the faucet.
    When I brush my teeth, the older one sits with her tail dipped in the water. I have to work around her.
    Things you do with pets... :)

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    My two cats love water. Any time you go to use the bathroom, two furballs follow.
    Of course... what would it be like going to the bathroom in your home without the pets joining you?

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Any time you go to use the bathroom, two furballs follow. One at the sink tap, and she gotten spoiled to where she has us turning on the tap for her when we are in the bathroom. One in the bathtub, who likes to stick her head in the drain and lick any drips coming from the faucet.
    When I brush my teeth, the older one sits with her tail dipped in the water.
    Animals are hilarious

My dog and I used to play a stalking game. It could happen at any time, any place, but it started in the hallway.

If she was at one end of the hallway and saw me on the other end of the hallway, she'd crouch down, press up along one of the walls, and slllllllllowly tip-toe/stalk towards me. It reminded me of the way that a cat stalks.

I would do the same from my end (as much as possible), but on two feet.

As we slowly approached each other, the tension built until she finally exploded with growls, charged forward, and 'attacked' me.

That could happen a couple times in a row. And when she got older, she would insert that routine into other play sessions, and even into regular life (sometimes inconveniently lol). Suddenly, she'd be in stalk/attack mode and I'd better watch out.

I could also initiate the game by giving her a hard stare.

It was really funny.
    Last edited by Jibralta; 09-27-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice