Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Communication, Quality or Quantity

Bronze Member
    I like what people have said.

His in-person behavior has given me no reason to doubt if he likes me.

I’ll try to keep with the “just relax” mindset. I get anxious when I’m uncertain, his texting delays reminds me of other people who weren’t that interested. Beyond that I’m not big on texting myself.

I’ll try not to read into it, every person is different

For Batya, it will be this weekend, I hadn’t know which day I had a shift for sure as someone had mentioned trading, so I told him I’d confirm which day was best once I knew. Just got that finalized this morning. I’ll confirm that tonight. Who knows maybe he’s uncertain about what I’m thinking...

Thanks, sorry to be so neurotic!

We need a new folder that covers - how to read into someone's text patterns and what does it mean?'
    How often is this question asked? At least a couple times a week?

Wait... your text here is only a couple lines long. What does that mean? You don't care? 😪
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    We need a new folder that covers - how to read into someone's text patterns and what does it mean?'
    How often is this question asked? At least a couple times a week?

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Wait... your text here is only a couple lines long. What does that mean? You don't care? 😪
    I care as much as I did the first 100 times

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    I like what people have said.

His in-person behavior has given me no reason to doubt if he likes me.

I’ll try to keep with the “just relax” mindset. I get anxious when I’m uncertain, his texting delays reminds me of other people who weren’t that interested. Beyond that I’m not big on texting myself.

I’ll try not to read into it, every person is different

For Batya, it will be this weekend, I hadn’t know which day I had a shift for sure as someone had mentioned trading, so I told him I’d confirm which day was best once I knew. Just got that finalized this morning. I’ll confirm that tonight. Who knows maybe he’s uncertain about what I’m thinking...

Thanks, sorry to be so neurotic!
    No worries- if he makes a time place plan for a date/confirms then you will know he is interested in another date with you. Until a next date is planned assume there is no date -that's just a realistic attitude not negative. Trying to decipher if someone who you know less than one of your pairs of socks is just tea leave stuff and will make you crazy. All you can know is whether he is interested in dating you and it's safe to assume that a person who makes plans for a date with you and shows up is interested in taking you on a date on that day. I'm being ridiculously specific because trying to analyze any further will end up sabotaging things because it will make you too intense/focused and that will start to show in how you interact with him.

Bronze Member
    The speed at which someone returns a text is a measure of nothing. Stop trying to imbue it with meaning.

Quality communication is sooooo much better then quantity. A series of daily good morning & good night texts hardly qualifies as the foundation for a meaningful relationship

I'd watch for frequency, lack of interest, problems with language or communication issues in the coming weeks as you get to know each other. It's too early right now. Look forward to seeing each other again and see how things go.

Agree. It may however measure that this person has no life, is chronically bored and is addicted to phone pings.
    Originally Posted by TeeDee
    The speed at which someone returns a text is a measure of nothing.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Agree. It may however measure that this person has no life, is chronically bored and is addicted to phone pings.
    To play the devil’s advocate, how would you guys make sense of the modern terms that have become so common they might be meme phrases: words like “Slow Fade” and “Ghosting”, how do these fit with the premise texting means nothing? Just curious ;)

Trendy terms for behaviors that have always existed. Ghosting is not an electronic maneuver, it's not seeing/dating you again. Same with slow fade. Busy busy busy. It's been around forever. If there were no wifi would you still have a relationship? That is what you should be asking yourself.
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    meme phrases: words like “Slow Fade” and “Ghosting”, how do these fit with the premise texting means nothing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice