Spiraling Out of Control

Nosocialmedi

Things are spiraling out of control. My boyfriend recently had a birthday.. He set up a day for us to spend together to celebrate his birthday a few days prior to the actual day. The day of his birthday we didn’t spend any time together. Then the day after his birthday he attended a huge party that identified him as one the honorees on social media but he would not admit to it. Instead said he was working security for the event and that his name was only used on flyers because he has such a huge following but he never invited me. I was going to show up at the party anyway but fought against that idea and just let him have his fun. Before he went into the party that evening we had a long discussion me expressing my feelings about how he doesn’t include me or make me priority in general. That conversation ultimately ended up being a negative interaction with no resolution and him saying he would call me back!!! That following day he left to go out of town for a couple of days we didn’t talk verbally but he texted a little. One text indicated that he was thinking about me. Later that evening I reviewed a post on his story and around the same time as the text Sent to me he posted a video of himself and another women laughing and hugging. She saying things like she found her a man and he saying that she is no longer single as if he was taking her off the market!!! While this was very disturbing I feel like he wanted me to see it. I have yet to say anything to him about it but its killing me inside to say something!!! What are your thoughts? We also have not revisited the conversation about prioritizing, inclusion, or the party...

It may be time to reconsider this relationship. It's making you miserable trying to be in his life when he just wants to be a free agent.

I reviewed a post on his story and around the same time as the text Sent to me he posted a video of himself and another women laughing and hugging. She saying things like she found her a man and he saying that she is no longer single as if he was taking her off the market!!!

This same guy?

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561458

OP, he is clearly hiding something from you and lying about what he's up to. Whether he's actually got another girlfriend or he just wants to appear single so he can mess around, the bottom line is the same - you two are on completely different pages about this relationship. You're invested. He's not.

His lies aren't even well-constructed or plausible. They put a security guard on promotional materials for this party because he's got such a big following? Right. Sure. A following of whom, and for what?

You need to find your self-respect and be done with this guy. He doesn't take you seriously at all.

Archived