LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Healing When You’re The One Who Left

Originally Posted by Chloee1988
    Ultimately, I’m sure you thought about this decision long and hard before breaking up with her
    Unfortunately I acted rashly while experiencing some particularly strong loneliness/frustration emotions. When I grade myself as objectively as I possibly can on this, it's where I lose the majority of the points I didn't get....I wish I would have taken some time and discussed this more with her.

That said, what's done is done at this point and there's no going back. So I agree that I have to stick with the decision, date locally and keep on keeping on.

Thanks for chiming in!

Originally Posted by Skeptic76
    When I grade myself as objectively as I possibly can on this, it's where I lose the majority of the points I didn't get....I wish I would have taken some time and discussed this more with her.!
    I'm curious what you mean by this... majority of points? Are you saying you wish to make a case with her and show yourself (a changed person)? Unfortunately not everyone is forgiving or interested in an ex. Luckily for you she doesn't seem interested at all in reconciling. Even though you're hurt by what happened a couple of weeks ago, it doesn't mean that you're confused. You still have the opportunity to continue healing forwards. This isn't all bad. Keep moving forwards.

Hi Rose, no that’s not what I’m saying. I mean to say that when I analyze the situation to look for what I did well and what I could have done better it is “acting rashly” that is the most glaring shortcoming. :)

And I agree this isn’t all bad - I know I’m going to have ups and downs but I really turned a corner in the healing process.

She texted me yesterday and my gut tells me if I opened the door to it we would have been talking about reuniting. However I waited a long time before responding so as to choose my words wisely, rather than repeat “hasty” mistakes. When I did respond I was polite and very concise, and then quickly ended the conversation by wishing her a good rest of the weekend.

Honestly I’m really fascinated watching this thing unfold and I’m feeling so grateful for the ability to be present and to be focused on making each decision I’m faced with a healthy choice!

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Are you saying you wish to make a case with her and show yourself (a changed person)?
    See above 🙂

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice