Newborn on the way soon

Layla23

Hi all, I’m pregnant & will be due in 2 months. I’m 23 with a 6 year old stepson. Who is not vaccinated . His dad says it’s because he has “good immune system “ which I think is idiotic , as I major in science and health sciences I’ve discussed my worries since my baby won’t have her vaccines till 12 months, his son has gotten sick like any kid, flue season . He whines when I ask him to wash his hands , he puts his hands in his mouth after I repeat that he shouldn’t . Are my worries justifiable, if so how can I go about discussing this with my fiance in which he will understand.

Your worries are entirely justifiable.

Did you know about his vaccination stance when you were planning to be pregnant?

I'm sure you've explained your concerns to him. Tell him what you've said here. Give him some literature to read. If his son were to get measles, that would almost be a death sentence for a newborn.

Also, why won't your baby have the vaccines until 12 months?

My nephew hasn't been immunized. My sister's middle daughter is autistic and she suspects immunizations as the cause of her daughter's autism. Never mind her father (my brother-in-law or BIL) is autistic, too. She's adamantly against immunizing her son, my nephew. Her husband defers to her regarding her anti-immunization decision. Whatever floats her boat.

My two sons were vaccinated normally and they're fine.

Have your husband accompany you to the doctor and hear what the doctor has to say.

Congratulations on the impending birth of your second baby!

How can he attend school if he is unvaccinated? Honestly, the districts around here would not let that fly except for legitimate reasons, ie, the child is going through chemo, or has another very serious and fragile autoimmune issue which precludes them and they are the ones that "herd immunity" is designed to protect. is your husband's ex and anti-vaxxer? I would say that you need to put your infant's health - and yours first. you know being pregnant, the flu could be potentially fatal or cause distress to the infant. I would insist that his son stay with grandparents when he is sick and i might go as far as to say if he is not going to vaccinate, that you are going to move in with your parents until the baby is 12 months old and vaccinated. Is there a wedding date?

Hi all, I’m pregnant & will be due in 2 months. I’m 23 with a 6 year old stepson. Who is not vaccinated . His dad says it’s because he has “good immune system “ which I think is idiotic , as I major in science and health sciences I’ve discussed my worries since my baby won’t have her vaccines till 12 months, his son has gotten sick like any kid, flue season . He whines when I ask him to wash his hands , he puts his hands in his mouth after I repeat that he shouldn’t . Are my worries justifiable, if so how can I go about discussing this with my fiance in which he will understand.

How selfish and idiotic he is. One of the reasons that measles is back. I would not expose your baby to the child.

My nephew hasn't been immunized. My sister's middle daughter is autistic and she suspects immunizations as the cause of her daughter's autism. Never mind her father (my brother-in-law or BIL) is autistic, too. She's adamantly against immunizing her son, my nephew. Her husband defers to her regarding her anti-immunization decision. Whatever floats her boat.

My two sons were vaccinated normally and they're fine.

Have your husband accompany you to the doctor and hear what the doctor has to say.

Congratulations on the impending birth of your second baby!

It has been proven that there is NO connection between autism and vaccinations. One doctor made this claim years ago, and people still believe this crap.

How can he attend school if he is unvaccinated? Honestly, the districts around here would not let that fly except for legitimate reasons, ie, the child is going through chemo, or has another very serious and fragile autoimmune issue which precludes them and they are the ones that "herd immunity" is designed to protect. is your husband's ex and anti-vaxxer? I would say that you need to put your infant's health - and yours first. you know being pregnant, the flu could be potentially fatal or cause distress to the infant. I would insist that his son stay with grandparents when he is sick and i might go as far as to say if he is not going to vaccinate, that you are going to move in with your parents until the baby is 12 months old and vaccinated. Is there a wedding date?

I guess he put religioua beliefs or something of that sort to get out of that. There is no legitimate reason and it was both their ideas, he is fine with me vaccinating my child so i guess his mom did not want to and was fine with it. He will not accinate him and I will most likely have to keep an eye on both of them and reduce contact because my baby wil be susceptible. I feel my fiance thinks im worrying too much, different genes and totally different immune systems he thinks his son is invisible to viruses, and he thinks the same of himself whom does not have all vaccinations, but a couple a weeks ago he was dying over a sore throat I think it is selfish he wont vaccinate over his opinion with no facts.

I guess he put religioua beliefs or something of that sort to get out of that. There is no legitimate reason and it was both their ideas, he is fine with me vaccinating my child so i guess his mom did not want to and was fine with it. He will not accinate him and I will most likely have to keep an eye on both of them and reduce contact because my baby wil be susceptible. I feel my fiance thinks im worrying too much, different genes and totally different immune systems he thinks his son is invisible to viruses, and he thinks the same of himself whom does not have all vaccinations, but a couple a weeks ago he was dying over a sore throat I think it is selfish he wont vaccinate over his opinion with no facts.

It’s not ‘your’ child though...

So if he feels strongly it’s something you two need to address on how the both of your child will be raised.

The fact that he doesn’t care what you do with ‘your’ child isn’t vibing to me but I digress.

In the grand scheme of thing you have two choices either have your child around the son or don’t.

At the end of the day though you have no power over what he and his ex do with their child.

No it's not about keeping an eye. It's literally about not letting your newborn live in the same house as an unvaccinated person or have close contact -ask your doctor and your pediatrician. And you too -for example, whooping cough is really dangerous for you to get or your newborn (when I was pregnant I did not get a booster because back then they didn't know it was needed but I think now it is??). Your newborn will be exposed to some really scary diseases through her unvaccinated stepbrother. Not enough to "keep an eye".

Talk to a pediatrician. Take yourself and your newborn somewhere else to live. Stay with your family . Don't endanger a life because you're with a fool, his brat and whatever his crazy babymama are into. Stop the nonsense political and fad arguments and get yourself and your unborn child to safety. You can't win an argument with fanatics. There is no point stirring up drama here while you sit there and allow your unborn and yourself to be jeopardized by ignorance. Get off this thread, pack and go stay with intelligent people.

She is a total quack. I would love to kick the “ cure “ culture ableism people in the head. And vaccines are NOT the cause of autism. Genetics is.

I tried to tell my sister this to no avail. It's not worth causing WW3 with her. Btw, both my sister's husband and daughter were diagnosed with autism. The daughter, my niece is a nice gal. To the contrary, her father is another story. My husband, sons and I avoid BIL (brother-in-law) like the plague! Then there is my sister her defends her meal ticket, therefore, she's part of the package deal so we avoid her as well. C'est la vie.

Talk to a pediatrician. Take yourself and your newborn somewhere else to live. Stay with your family . Don't endanger a life because you're with a fool, his brat and whatever his crazy babymama are into. Stop the nonsense political and fad arguments and get yourself and your unborn child to safety. You can't win an argument with fanatics. There is no point stirring up drama here while you sit there and allow your unborn and yourself to be jeopardized by ignorance. Get off this thread, pack and go stay with intelligent people.

I understand you do not like to be quoted but please do not refer to that child as a brat. He cannot control whether he is vaccinated even if he knew what the deal was -and if he is misbehaving by not washing his hands properly that's fairly typical of 6 year old boys (and typically that's because the parents don't insist on proper hygiene) that doesn't make him a "brat" -if anyone is being bratty it's the dad who's not vaccinating his son and exposing his future child and the mother of his future child to very harmful if not fatal diseases.

I know you're not a fan of being quoted but it's ironic to stand up for the best interests of the new baby coming soon and trash an innocent child who's done nothing wrong.

What you need to do is talk to your Ob/Gyn and a pediatrician you plan to use and pack and move out. Inform your family you will be staying with them until you give birth. Are you really will to subject an unborn life to a host of possible birth defects and illnesses that have serious consequences? Get away from this moron and his spoiled brat.

Hi all, I’m pregnant & will be due in 2 months.

Archived