LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oi, youíre too fat to ride a scooter

Originally Posted by 1a1a
    The other side of sleep Iím still feeling very flat. On a full week we only get one day off and this one is it so good day to seek to improve the diet situation.

Thank you for your replies. A strong push to shift perception which is surely more helpful in the long run
    one day off?

You mean you work 12 hour days 6 days a week?

Platinum Member
    Halve that, on a full week it will most likely look like travel day, show day, travel day, show day, travel day, show day where travel days can be anything between 300 and 750 kms

Something I can control, Iíve downloaded MyFitnessPal onto my phone, time to count them calories again

Good job with the download. lol your sig brought back some memories. I just saw that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by 1a1a
    Halve that, on a full week it will most likely look like travel day, show day, travel day, show day, travel day, show day where travel days can be anything between 300 and 750 kms

Something I can control, Iíve downloaded MyFitnessPal onto my phone, time to count them calories again
    Cool -glad you found an app that works/motivates you! I do a lot of motivating stuff to make sure I stay on track (I stopped counting calories many decades ago -wasn't effective for me -the opposite - but I have a number of tricks up my sleeve that help me stay fit/healthy). Good luck!

I feel your issues go far beyond apps to help you count calories. Had a random dude called that down to me, that alone would be the motivation to watch portion control and keto my way into skinny jeans (or at least a few sizes less) I have never read a better opening thread that leads me to suggest you get yourself into therapy to help you to unlearn all of the negative you've endured in your childhood.

If you're too unmotivated to help yourself with professional help then please do google "How to nurture your inner child" and start reading.

I wish you the strength to do something to change yourself other than vent here (which should be a supplement to professional help and motivational speakers or life coaches.) I do wish you well in spite of the bluntness.

but Iím trying to not rely on eating meat too argh)
    Its not the meat (if its lean) that's the problem, its the rice. Cut the carbs and change the rice to cauliflower rice and enjoy your palm sized portion of meat. You need a dietician so see your family doctor for a referral.

Platinum Member
    My problem is not that I eat unhealthy. I eat too much. Period.

One tip that I heard years ago that I always remember (but don't always apply, shame on me...) is that you should not eat until you're full, you should only eat until you're no longer hungry. Also, wait 15 minutes until deciding to have a second helping. If you're truly still hungry, go ahead, if not skip the second serving.

Also, it's OK to not "clean your plate". Forget what Mom said, it's really OK to leave food for another day.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    My problem is not that I eat unhealthy. I eat too much. Period.

One tip that I heard years ago that I always remember (but don't always apply, shame on me...) is that you should not eat until you're full, you should only eat until you're no longer hungry. Also, wait 15 minutes until deciding to have a second helping. If you're truly still hungry, go ahead, if not skip the second serving.

Also, it's OK to not "clean your plate". Forget what Mom said, it's really OK to leave food for another day.
    I agree. What saved me from over-dieting and then overeating was to reestablish knowing my hunger/fullness cues and by losing the desire to feel "full" as opposed to satisfied. Also drinking a lot of water before a meal (not during, not right after) helps a great deal. I typically drink 24 ounces within the hour before a meal and I drink a total of about 96 ounces/day. My son so far has really good fullness cues as I've seen him not finish ice cream he loves, etc. (and he knows he can put it away for later in most cases). I never ever tell him to clean his plate or encourage that nor did my parents. My mother is 84, she is thin, always been thin or slim and never dieted other than as she has aged started making different food choices based on her age/cholesterol/blood sugar. I am 53, and was overweight twice -once when on a bad birth control pill and after I gave birth for about 4-5 months. But for a long time I was underweight, dieted in ridiculous ways and lost my sense of trust/hunger and fullness which I agree are crucial to keeping a healthy weight.
    Edited to add. Slowing down when I eat also helps a lot and I feel better after a meal.
    Last edited by Batya33; 09-15-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Platinum Member
    Also, fast food is tempting while traveling. Just don't. There's always other options.

One time when I traveled I had no car and my only choices were a barbecue joint, a fast food burger joint and a Subway sandwich shop. Guess where I ate my dinner each night? At least at the Subway I have control over what goes on my sandwich.

I now use Door Dash to have food delivered. I can choose healthy options and have it delivered to my hotel room door if there's nothing healthy within walking distance. Last time I ended up throwing out my leftovers because I couldn't bring them with me and I couldn't finish my meal without overstuffing myself.

If you feel full or feel uncomfortable, you ate too much. If you feel "icky" after eating or feel sleepy or lethargic, you either ate too much or ate the wrong things.

And avoid the bar! Beer has like a zillion calories. Or, go but order a mineral water or ONE drink followed with water.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Also, fast food is tempting while traveling. Just don't. There's always other options.

One time when I traveled I had no car and my only choices were a barbecue joint, a fast food burger joint and a Subway sandwich shop. Guess where I ate my dinner each night? At least at the Subway I have control over what goes on my sandwich.

I now use Door Dash to have food delivered. I can choose healthy options and have it delivered to my hotel room door if there's nothing healthy within walking distance. Last time I ended up throwing out my leftovers because I couldn't bring them with me and I couldn't finish my meal without overstuffing myself.

If you feel full or feel uncomfortable, you ate too much. If you feel "icky" after eating or feel sleepy or lethargic, you either ate too much or ate the wrong things.

And avoid the bar! Beer has like a zillion calories. Or, go but order a mineral water or ONE drink followed with water.
    Yes, I do subway too and because I'm not trying to lose more than a few pounds at most I also do the grilled chicken sandwiches at fast food places -with only one part of the bun - like that. Depending on what options there are.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes, I do subway too and because I'm not trying to lose more than a few pounds at most I also do the grilled chicken sandwiches at fast food places -with only one part of the bun - like that. Depending on what options there are.
    The city I was in only had either fried or barbecued options at the fast food places. That part of the country is known for frying EVERYTHING.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice