LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ex still wants me

My ex still wants me

My sort-of ex went on a break with his new girlfriend that he left me for. And now wants me sexually saying Iím the best heís ever had and no woman has come close to me in his life. Iíve slept with him once on a break and once he got back with her. I felt very bad for his girlfriend at first but then heís an adult who can make his own decisions. Iím just not thinking about the situation and going with the flow. How do I protect myself though?
    For once I chose myself and not others. And I know Iíll never date him as heís not as loyal as I thought he was. But then I think what if itís because Iím the one.

Platinum Member
    Youíre not the one.

He just wants his cake and to eat it too. Best to rid him from your life, by being with her and propositioning you, heís showing his true colors. They arenít pretty!

Never think someone will Ďchangeí for you. Thatís how you end up staying and keeping toxic relationships.

Youíre the right. Thatís how I feel too.
    I know Iíll never take him as Iíve seen his true colors. I canít deny the physical attraction but our last time wasnít so great on my part as I was tired. Iím just enjoying the sex tbh, Iím tired of thinking for others and want to do what I want for once.

Originally Posted by eeba272
    Iím tired of thinking for others and want to do what I want for once.
    When you get cheated on remember that line. You are no better than he is. In fact, you two deserve each other so do keep on doing what you are doing.

If you think that he cheated on her because "you are the one" then you are delusional and you have a lot of growing up to do. Newsflash: Enabling a cheater is not "choosing yourself". Choosing yourself would be disassociating yourself for good from such a dishonest and selfish individual.

Thanks for your advice.
    I did disassociate from him a long time ago, but after being with him this time I just canít help but want him physically. She was sleeping with him while he and I were dating. My headís gone and Iím not being myself. I guess Iím lying to myself to not feel guilty and go into depression.

Bronze Member
    Do you want to play this game seriously? You're letting someone cheat and disrespect both you and the other party

Originally Posted by Clio
    When you get cheated on remember that line. You are no better than he is. In fact, you two deserve each other so do keep on doing what you are doing.

If you think that he cheated on her because "you are the one" then you are delusional and you have a lot of growing up to do. Newsflash: Enabling a cheater is not "choosing yourself". Choosing yourself would be disassociating yourself for good from such a dishonest and selfish individual.
    Great post, I completely agree.

I just canít help but want him physically
    Then you are dealing with an addiction and imo you need to treat it that way. If you really want to protect yourself then you need to cut him off. Cold turkey. Keep reminding yourself that he is a toxic addiction and keep away. No ifs and buts.

What do YOU want to be? His girlfriend or his friend-with-benefits for now until he finds a girlfriend he moves on to?

I think the answer is obvious and you need to stick to your decision.

You were "the best he's ever had?" Give me a break, if that was true he'd be fighting to keep you from leaving him in any capacity.

Homie's a jerk, move on and find someone new.

Platinum Member
    For once I chose myself and not others. And I know Iíll never date him as heís not as loyal as I thought he was. But then I think what if itís because Iím the one.
    You aren't.

He wouldn't be treating you like a toy if you were. And that's what he's been doing, playing both you and the other girl for fools. What will probably happen is that he'll wind up with someone else completely, years from now, when he's grown and matured and is actually ready to settle down.

You will be thankful it wasn't with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice