My ex still wants me

eeba272

My sort-of ex went on a break with his new girlfriend that he left me for. And now wants me sexually saying I’m the best he’s ever had and no woman has come close to me in his life. I’ve slept with him once on a break and once he got back with her. I felt very bad for his girlfriend at first but then he’s an adult who can make his own decisions. I’m just not thinking about the situation and going with the flow. How do I protect myself though?

For once I chose myself and not others. And I know I’ll never date him as he’s not as loyal as I thought he was. But then I think what if it’s because I’m the one.

You’re not the one.

He just wants his cake and to eat it too. Best to rid him from your life, by being with her and propositioning you, he’s showing his true colors. They aren’t pretty!

Never think someone will ‘change’ for you. That’s how you end up staying and keeping toxic relationships.

You’re the right. That’s how I feel too.

I know I’ll never take him as I’ve seen his true colors. I can’t deny the physical attraction but our last time wasn’t so great on my part as I was tired. I’m just enjoying the sex tbh, I’m tired of thinking for others and want to do what I want for once.

I’m tired of thinking for others and want to do what I want for once.

When you get cheated on remember that line. You are no better than he is. In fact, you two deserve each other so do keep on doing what you are doing.

If you think that he cheated on her because "you are the one" then you are delusional and you have a lot of growing up to do. Newsflash: Enabling a cheater is not "choosing yourself". Choosing yourself would be disassociating yourself for good from such a dishonest and selfish individual.

Thanks for your advice.

I did disassociate from him a long time ago, but after being with him this time I just can’t help but want him physically. She was sleeping with him while he and I were dating. My head’s gone and I’m not being myself. I guess I’m lying to myself to not feel guilty and go into depression.

When you get cheated on remember that line. You are no better than he is. In fact, you two deserve each other so do keep on doing what you are doing.

If you think that he cheated on her because "you are the one" then you are delusional and you have a lot of growing up to do. Newsflash: Enabling a cheater is not "choosing yourself". Choosing yourself would be disassociating yourself for good from such a dishonest and selfish individual.

Great post, I completely agree.

I just can’t help but want him physically

Then you are dealing with an addiction and imo you need to treat it that way. If you really want to protect yourself then you need to cut him off. Cold turkey. Keep reminding yourself that he is a toxic addiction and keep away. No ifs and buts.

What do YOU want to be? His girlfriend or his friend-with-benefits for now until he finds a girlfriend he moves on to?

I think the answer is obvious and you need to stick to your decision.

You were "the best he's ever had?" Give me a break, if that was true he'd be fighting to keep you from leaving him in any capacity.

Homie's a jerk, move on and find someone new.

For once I chose myself and not others. And I know I’ll never date him as he’s not as loyal as I thought he was. But then I think what if it’s because I’m the one.

You aren't.

He wouldn't be treating you like a toy if you were. And that's what he's been doing, playing both you and the other girl for fools. What will probably happen is that he'll wind up with someone else completely, years from now, when he's grown and matured and is actually ready to settle down.

You will be thankful it wasn't with you.

You’re the right. That’s how I feel too.

I know I’ll never take him as I’ve seen his true colors. I can’t deny the physical attraction but our last time wasn’t so great on my part as I was tired. I’m just enjoying the sex tbh, I’m tired of thinking for others and want to do what I want for once.

There must be other men in your area. Have some self respect.

Don't be part of his musical mattress games. Trust me, he's told her "you're the best" too.

Do better for yourself. Get rid of this jerk once and for all and start dating real men. Also, since he has a habit of bed-hopping, get tested for STDs.

My sort-of ex went on a break with his new girlfriend that he left me for. I’m just not thinking about the situation and going with the flow. I know I’ll never date him

Archived