should i be more forward?

lillianviola

ok a little backstory!! there’s this guy who came into the restaurant i work at and ordered something, but he was a few dollars short so i used some of my tip money to cover him (i felt bad and he was nice lol). on his way out he called to me and was like “remind me to give you a big tip next time.” a while later he came in when i wasn’t working and asked “where’s the cute girl with the pink hair” which was obviously referring to me bc i’m the only girl with pink hair at work. then the next time i saw him he gave me a $12 tip and made some small talk and a few days or so later we added each other on snapchat. we’ve been talking for around a week? maybe and it’s getting boring (he’s not the best texter but at least he’s talking to me) and i’d rather talk in person/on the phone even and get to know him more. texting over snapchat isn’t really the best outlet. i’m really interested in him and i think i have a crush on him, but this is the first time something like this has happened to me before. i’m wondering if i’m being too paranoid about this or if it would be extremely creepy and weird of me to ask him if he’d ever want to hang out and kinda tell him i’m interested in him. thank you! sorry for the huge paragraph lol

Ok slow down the social media chat so if he wants to talk, he'll have to come see you.

we added each other on snapchat. we’ve been talking for around a week? maybe and it’s getting boring (he’s not the best texter but at least he’s talking to me) and i’d rather talk in person/on the phone even and get to know him more

Did he ask you for your Snapchat info, or vice versa? He doesn't sound shy since he asked for the pretty girl, etc. If you asked him for his contact info, I'd give him another week to ask you out. If he doesn't, I'd say he's not interested, as a guy who is into you will not let this opportunity slip away. His boring texts might be a sign of this as well. If that's the case, don't waste your time on a dead end and exit out of this boring Snapchat connection.

I've never had good luck making the first move out of frustration that a guy who I thought was interested was taking too long to ask me out. Turns out he really wasn't, and just somewhat acted like it, since he got an ego boost that I had a crush on him. That said, if you want to make the move to get an answer, make a specific plan, not just a vague question of hanging out, i.e., I'm going to try out this new restaurant for lunch on Saturday. Would you like to meet me there? Having chemistry with someone and wanting to get to know them better is never creepy. If you don't have confidence in yourself and your self worth, don't attempt to date until you achieve that, since you will attract, and subconsciously be attracted to men who are bullies and abusers.

And when you do meet up with a guy, don't project to the future. Just see it as a time to enjoy someone's company, and take a day by day attitude. Just because you have a few dates with someone, doesn't mean every dating experience will evolve into a relationship.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

Just be yourself. You can't "scare off" a guy who is truly interested. Stop all the social media chitchat. It gets very boring very fast and he could be messaging you while on the toilet or on a date with another girl. It's lame. Just stop.

Demand more for yourself. Never accept texting/chitchat in lieu of being asked on a date. If he is interested, he'll come in the shop in person, make conversation and ask you out. If he's not that interested or has a gf, he'll just keep doing what he's doing with lame texting.

i’m 17 and he’s 18. i’m just worried bc i’ve never been in a relationship before and i don’t want to scare him off lol

Archived