Does it mean anything when a guy text you good morning using your first name?

honeybun35

I'm not sure. This is a bit comical because it reminds me of a time when my husband tried out a new nickname for me and I did a double take. I wasn't sure if he was referring to a cake I just made or if he was calling me that term of endearment. I usually like just my name. Maybe he was just being different or felt like something else.

See how things go today. Try not to overthink this unless he acts out or something.

Nickname could be "Teddy Bear" or "Ted" for short!

Could be—if only Ted was not her friend that her lovelorn lover thinks is her other lover.

Relationships don't need to be this complicated, you know? Especially the ones that are defined by not quite being defined. Those are the ones that are all juice, no squeeze, if fleeting. When they get too squeezy, at least in my experience, it's either a sign that juice is gone or that someone needs to step up and say the thing ("Lover, I want you to be my partner!") that is very scary, but sometimes very rewarding, to say.

Food for thought. Nibble as you see fit.

I'd ask him, playfully, about it. It could be as simple as he dislikes your nickname and prefers your given name.

What's more concerning to me is why can't you just ask him, in a playful, teasing way? What are you afraid will happen? Fear like that surrounding basic communication does not bode well for a successful long term relationship.

I would have responded to the text "Good Morning ". That's just my nature. I suppose that would be my way of finding out "why no nick name?" right there and then, but yet in a playful way!!! :friendly_wink:

just another one of my storys here. The guy i was with for 3 years never called me by my name. Usually baby...or something...or just Goodmorning. After 3 years I knew his tone. (we didn't text much back then...mostly phone) Wellllll one day he called me by my NAME. and his voice just sounded different. I wasn't too concerned because we had just become engaged 2 weeks before. I then found out...that he had met someone! um. yep.

He was like...Hi Carla. I was....huh?

Archived