LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the rebound?

Am I the rebound?

My boyfriend and I have been together 9 months. He was with his ex girlfriend for 6 years and we got together within weeks of them breaking up. They had a 3 month old child together at that time. We moved in with each other after three months. I recently found out that he has been hacking into his ex girlfriends Instagram account several times daily. Am I the rebound girlfriend?

Probably.

If you want a more nuanced answer you should give more information.

3. 09-12-2019, 08:20 AM

Platinum Member
    It certainly sounds like he either isnít over her, or has unresolved issues regarding her. Three months is fast to move in with someone because of situations like this that could arise. You really donít know him until a year in. There may be more Ďsurprisesí so be aware.

Never make major decisions like moving in with someone until you've known them a minimum of a year. It takes that long to begin to see the reality of who the person is, and seeing if there are skeletons in the closet. If you didn't live with him, you would've seen this poor behavior and been able to make a cleaner exit.

I don't know what hacking the account means, but any guy who attempted to be involved in any way with an ex, besides talking about their shared child, would be a dealbreaker to me. Every minute he spends hacking while with you is attention spent on another woman.

He liked his ex well enough to knock her up a year before he met you. He couldn't pull out all the stops and make this relationship work for the sake of the child? What was the reason for the breakup? I honestly couldn't respect a man like this. No matter the reason for the break up, he should be concentrating on his new child and not leaping into a new relationship when he can't possibly be emotionally ready for another serious relationship.

Learn from your mistakes and set up better boundaries for yourself in your next dating experience.

Move out. They are most likely on/off. You seem like a handy escape from his responsibilities. Whatever the case he will have to communicate with her regarding their child as well as pay child support and visit with the child.
    Originally Posted by Madisan
    He was with his ex girlfriend for 6 years and we got together within weeks of them breaking up. They had a 3 month old child together at that time. We moved in with each other after three months.

Platinum Member
    You are a rebound.

You should not have dated for at least a year after their split, and not moved in for another after that. He is not over her.

Move out.

I mean 3 months post 6 year relationship is bad, but you add a baby to it, Iím sorry thatís just too much.

What about him made you ignore the red flags? Serious question.

Yes you are a rebound. You should not move in with someone for at least a year. You barely know this guy. I predict this will fail.

He tells me he loves me. They're relationship ended very badly and they have very little communication with one another. She also lives a good bit away from him.

Also they are nearly a year separated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice