LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex lover gave number away

Ex lover gave number away

So I was having an affair that lasted maybe 2 months. We were both in a relationship & understood each others situation. I feel the guy was sleeping around with other people not just me because he always had excuses why he couldnít hang out. I told him I didnít want to see him anymore and I guess the last time we spoke we had a bit of an altercation. 2 months has passed since them & this guy has had me blocked so I havenít bothered him. Out of nowhere his friend sends me a text message saying his friend (my ex lover) gave him my number. I have met this guy once but I feel this is very disrespectful on behalf of my ex lover. I am very upset about this because it feels like he is messing with me. The devil in me says contact his girlfriend and inform her of the affair to mess wiith him. I was moving on but this event set me back and if heís messing with me then should I mess with him?

That could go both ways. He has as much on you as you have on him. You're both in the same boat. Affairs are temporary. They end when it gets boring, or found out or there's a new lover.

Perhaps his gf gave this guy your number. He may have told her you're just a hooker to cover his tracks. Are you going to meet up with this guy?
    Originally Posted by Barzola93
    The devil in me says contact his girlfriend and inform her of the affair to mess wiith him. I was moving on but this event set me back and if heís messing with me then should I mess with him?

I asked the friend about this and he said he asked my ex lover for my number. I donít plan to meet up with the guy. Ex lover works maybe 1 min away from my place of work so I thought of stopping by and telling him leave me alone and donít give my number away like that. Iím just really upset. I donít understand why he would do something so disrespectful.

So do I just tell the friend stop contacting me and leave the whole mess behind me?
    This really isnít something I can talk about with friends or family haha but I really am in need of advice.

That wouldn't make a scene would it? His workplace could have you removed/arrested for stalking, harassing, trespassing, etc.

Hopefully you're trolling because this sounds like a scene out of 'Fatal Attraction':
    Originally Posted by Barzola93
    Ex lover works maybe 1 min away from my place of work so I thought of stopping by and telling him leave me alone and donít give my number away like that. .

It would not necessarily make a scene. He would be the only person there. No bosses or coworkers around. I guess that would be stalking. So should I just not care that heís handing my number out?

This is a real situation. Not trolling.

Take a step back, a deep breath, look in the mirror, and ask yourself who do you want to be? Do you want to be a woman hellbent on ďmessing withĒ a man she had an affair with? Or do you want to be a woman who, at one point in her life, made some questionable choices and grew up a bit once she realized that questionable choices come with a cost?

Your call, in the end.

It's anyone's guess why your "ex" gave out your number so don't go there. You'll spiral into negativity and it's a waste of energy and time. You don't even have to respond to this person's text at all. Block it completely and do not respond.

I understand you're enraged and insulted that someone could abuse your personal information like that. You took a risk trusting someone in an untrustworthy circumstance (cheating on your current relationship). Don't get mad about something that you helped to create. Let it all go and don't get stuck in that web. You were on track "moving on" so keep on moving on!

Thank you to the last 2 responses I will keep moving forward. No need for me to get caught up in that web again. Iím going to let it go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice