LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scared to move out on my own

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I've been "alone" since my toxic relationship ended 10 years ago. Nothing scary has happened to me. I really enjoy life, my friends, my family, a challenging job...

You know what does scare me? The thought that I could still be stuck with that awful man. I am so thankful I am no longer in that situation.
    This is such a great way of looking at things. I too am so glad I got out of my past situation and am much happier now.

Bronze Member
    All the best in your new adventure OP.

I know it might feel daunting at the moment, but what awaits you from the other side cannot be worse than staying in a toxic relationship with someone who negatively affects your self-esteem.

@MirrorKnight - If your GF puts you down like that wth are you still with her..?? Just curious...

@Mallory - Youíll be fine and certainly happier than you are now!

We humans seem to intrinsically not like change. We dwell in our comfort zones in part because well, itís easy....

But imagine the sea farers or pioneers of old who set out into the wild and dangerous yonder. Imagine the fortitude they must have had to muster...

After my divorce I had to get out of town for my sanity. The town Iíd lived in for around 20 years. In doing that I had to leave behind everything and everyone I knew and everything that was dear to me. I actually went one further and left the entire country!

In the lead up yes I had my fears and doubts...but now, 7 months later I can safely say it was the best move I could have made.

I hope this inspires you and I wish you well on this next stage of your gorgeous life.

We canít drive down the freeway whilst looking in the rear view mirror*

Carus*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice