Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Expecting to be put on blood pressure meds

  1. #11
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,084
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Before my nervous break down my blood pressure was always 110/70 even when pregnant. After my nervous break down it shot up to 135/100. Yesterday it spiked to 180/120 and I actual fell trying to walk. My appointment is the 25th.
    I'm sorry Seraphim and I'm sorry about your dad's poor health. Hope the doctor can help you a lot on the 25th.

  2. #12
    Gold Member SarahLancaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    689
    Gender
    Female
    Take the meds. You shouldn't have any issues with it.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    24
    I forgot to add: since your doctor thinks it’s anxiety related, has he put you on anti-anxiety meds to see if those help? Just curious.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member melancholy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    5,827
    Gender
    Female
    I take blood pressure meds and have never noticed any adverse effects. I use almost no sale in or on anything.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,708
    Gender
    Female
    Yes, I have been for 7 years. I can only take clonazepam because I get serotonin Syndrome from SSRI’s. Plus some weird kind of psychosis where furniture walks. I took 25 mg of Zoloft for 20 days and almost died . I couldn’t sleep for almost 20 days ,I couldn’t eat I couldn’t drink ,all I did was pace night and day. All I could hear were bees buzzing in my head . I had twitches all over. I lost 30 pounds. Lucky I was taking clonazepam at the same time . My dr at the time said never again that classification of med . But I live in a new city and have a different doctor now .
    Originally Posted by AviationNut
    I forgot to add: since your doctor thinks it’s anxiety related, has he put you on anti-anxiety meds to see if those help? Just curious.

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    24
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yes, I have been for 7 years. I can only take clonazepam because I get serotonin Syndrome from SSRI’s. Plus some weird kind of psychosis where furniture walks. I took 25 mg of Zoloft for 20 days and almost died . I couldn’t sleep for almost 20 days ,I couldn’t eat I couldn’t drink ,all I did was pace night and day. All I could hear were bees buzzing in my head . I had twitches all over. I lost 30 pounds. Lucky I was taking clonazepam at the same time . My dr at the time said never again that classification of med . But I live in a new city and have a different doctor now .

    Makes sense. If I had to “pick my poisons,” I’d much rather that an anti-hypertensive than an anti-anxiety med. Either way, if you’re curious about possible side effects, drugs.com is a good resource.

  8. #17
    Platinum Member Fudgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,335
    Gender
    Female
    Side effects depend on the type of anti-hypertensive medication...with some (ACE inhibitors, like lisinopril), you can have sort of a dry, annoying cough. But side effects of these meds are usually pretty mild, and it's better than having high BP.

    My advice for you is to follow your doctor's advice and also take care when sitting up/standing up. Sometimes when people take BP meds, especially multiple at a time, it can make it so your BP drops too low when you sit up/stand up (orthostatic hypotension) and this can make you feel dizzy at best, or take a tumble at the worst. If this happens, tell your doctor so that he can adjust your dosage. Be sure to keep yourself hydrated as well.

  9. #18
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,708
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Side effects depend on the type of anti-hypertensive medication...with some (ACE inhibitors, like lisinopril), you can have sort of a dry, annoying cough. But side effects of these meds are usually pretty mild, and it's better than having high BP.

    My advice for you is to follow your doctor's advice and also take care when sitting up/standing up. Sometimes when people take BP meds, especially multiple at a time, it can make it so your BP drops too low when you sit up/stand up (orthostatic hypotension) and this can make you feel dizzy at best, or take a tumble at the worst. If this happens, tell your doctor so that he can adjust your dosage. Be sure to keep yourself hydrated as well.
    Annoying cough doesn’t sound fun as I have one from asthma already . But as you said better than high bp.

  10. #19
    Platinum Member Fudgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,335
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Annoying cough doesn’t sound fun as I have one from asthma already . But as you said better than high bp.
    If you find it really intolerable, they can always try a different class of anti-hypertensive drugs for you. You have a LOT of options and I'm sure you're going to find one that works that you find tolerable. :)

  11. #20
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,708
    Gender
    Female
    I am sure! I would rather be around for many years to come .
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    If you find it really intolerable, they can always try a different class of anti-hypertensive drugs for you. You have a LOT of options and I'm sure you're going to find one that works that you find tolerable. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •