She doesn't need legal aid and would most likely not qualify.. She simply refuses to file in court for child support. It's not that he's a deadbeat. The courts will garnish his wages and freeze his assets, driver's licence etc if he doesn't pay. It's the child's right so she doesn't need an attorney of any kind. She needs to petition on behalf of her daughter. If she doesn't even do that, what can an incompetent legal aid attorney do? After waiting months for a call/appt, tell her "you need to file for child support"?
Originally Posted by catfeeder
Contact your local Legal Aid department to learn your option. Not receiving child support doesn't just harm you, it harms your child.